Launch Control pads/buttons need to be pressed twice before action occurs

jordanstanleyrh

Go to solution Solved by Jordi Torres,

Hi all

Asked this in separate thread under a different question but felt more necessary to have its own thread to avoid confusion.

I have created controller assignments for some of the pads on my Launch Control device which I intend to use for muting select channels or sends. I also use the arrow buttons for moving the loop locators forwards and backwards by loop length.

I have now assigned these pads but when trying to mute a channel I need to press the pad twice. Same goes for when I want to unmute it or if I want to move the loop locators - the button/pad needs to be pressed twice. Any idea why this might be happening? 

• Solution

Hi jordanstanleyrh,

Sounds like your Launch Control's pads and arrow buttons are currently behaving as toggles (a MIDI command is sent when you press/release, then another MIDI command is sent when your press/release again). 

This would be fine for muting/unmuting as you would do one press/release of the pad for muting, another press/release of the pad to unmute, but you would need to make sure you press the button twice while making the assignment, and also make sure that the assignment's Value > Mode in the Controller Assignments (Expert View) is set to either "Toggle" or "Direct".

As for the arrow buttons for moving the locators, it would really make more sense to simply change their behavior (or "Press Type" as Novation calls it) to "Momentary" by using the Novation Components Web app (https://components.novationmusic.com/) then redoing the assignments.

J.

Edited by Jordi Torres
typo
  • Like 1

Hi Jordan,

I'm glad that solved the problem 🙂

15 hours ago, jordanstanleyrh said:

do you know how I might be able to set the Launch Control pads so that they are lit when the channel is muted? 

That's a bit more involved, but most of the information you need to get that working is in the Launch Control Programmer's Reference Guide .

J.

• Like 1