Behringer 1820 no output 1 & 2, only silent Stereo Output

Beanz

Hi all

This maybe a Behringer thing, just mucking about with a UMC1820 & a ADA8200 Expander, all is well only the STERIO output from Logic i.e 1&2 won't play?

There is signal on the Logic faders but nothing actuly coming out of the ports?

any ideas, see my snap?

Ta

Logic Outs.png

Screenshot 2022-11-17 at 13.04.40.png

Do you have it set as in the second image with the stereo output selected? And can you see anything on the stereo out? I can see there is a signal on the left fader but not on the stereo out when you have it selected as your source? 

There are people with a lot more knowledge than me but often if I get an issue if I simply unplug and put back in the interface and make sure it is selected in Logics preferences (settings now) it works again. 

Have you tried a reboot? 

EDIT: My mistake, the ADA8200 isn't an interface so will be using ADAT, I apologise and hope someone can help.
Both products are interfaces aren't they, how are you connecting each of them, is it with ADAT? Which one is selected in preferences/settings in logic? If you are connecting both straight to the mac then I imagine logic maybe getting confused which one to use and the output is on the other selected one meaning you hear no sound. 

On the preferences/settings you should be able to choose an interface to use. Try just one for now and see if you get output to your monitors or headphones once the interface is selected. 

Edited by conanthewarrior

CHEERS very much for the note

The UMC1820 is the Audio interface with the ADA8200 as an extension via ADAT, ADA200 set as slave (ADA8200 being an expander & not an interface itself)

The UM1820 is seen and chosen in Logic Preferences & as in the snaps it can then see all the available line outputs from the across the 2 units (the ADA200 being set as slave) so 20 line outputs but only thing not working is the physical output of 1 and 2, if I plug in the Headphone output on the UMC1820 and select monitor output 1 & 2 I can hear what is being sent?? Just nothing from the back outputs

Hmmmm faulty unit maybe ?

lol yes that's true, so tried with the ADA8200 disconnected it and alas still 1 & 2 no good, but also exploring a tad more and 11 & 12 on the ADA8200 also same, i.e no physical output

I see at the back of the ADA8200 it says SPDIF output 11 & 12 what's the fekin point of that ?

So even more confused now 😞

It exsist in that pic. It's the ninth in a button row.

i have  "DIM" OFF, "MUTE" OFF  and OPT I/O OFF.

Do I understand correctly that you just now bought this product. In this case it will offer surprises. The button in question is turned to the left of the purchase, and this may lead to the question of why there is no sound or it is very quiet.

Edited by olavsu1

OK Olavsu1 many thanks, no way to check as I returned it today under a faulty unit, will wait for a replacement unit. Makes me sick that Behinger don't have the decency to issue a user operational manual so what do we do just fekin try & guess how to use it ???? Totally crap ;(

Hmmm doesn't explain why there was no actual output from the 1 & 2  line outputs, but as said if I plugged in headphones and pushed the "Monitor 1 & 2" I got signal, also Logic showing in the channel strip that signal was there, just not coming out of the rear jacks 1 and 2 or main out as it's called

51 minutes ago, Beanz said:

Hmmm doesn't explain why there was no actual output from the 1 & 2  line outputs, but as said if I plugged in headphones and pushed the "Monitor 1 & 2" I got signal, also Logic showing in the channel strip that signal was there, just not coming out of the rear jacks 1 and 2 or main out as it's called

It looks like that button monitors the outputs 3-4 when pushed in.. Is your Stereo Output set to 1-2 in Logics audio preferences (or settings) under I/O Assignments ?

1 hour ago, olavsu1 said:

Because things like the UMC1820 are rack mixers (the audio interface is an added value). They can work without a DAW.

When I want to listen to vinyl and don't want to turn on the computer, then I turn MIX knob. Othervise I have it turned to right.

So are you saying if I turn this knob to the right then the “stereo outputs” as it’s called ie  1 & 2 from Logic will then be routed and sent to the actual Jack outputs 1 and 2 of the Umc1820 and thus on to my analog mixer? Thank u all btw xx 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, olavsu1 said:

the bush buttons near the headphones switch the headphones between 1-2 / 3-4 software return

960678820_Screenshot2022-11-18at23_36_17.png.0e1266a5cefb71bfc0f7f2dba80bf7ae.png

QjackCtl example: when these pus-buttons switched on, can hear the stream what are going to 3-4  software outputs

/*I would rather replace my UMC1820 audio interface for a Steinberg UR824*/

Eeeek windows lol but all is set as should be in mac audio / midi enviro configuration, I do have many other interfaces, focusrite, avid protools, m-audio and many many others etc etc as am very old and been doing this for 45 years lol 😂 almost my bed time 

1 minute ago, olavsu1 said:

Yes, that it does. 

If that’s the case I feel sick lol been doing this longer than most so why is there no guidance in using this stuff ?anyhow have returned the UMC1820 as thought it faulty, Behingers loss for being totally crap at any form of support with no user book, shocking, as said why sell something with no info on how to use it, are we just ment to take a lucky guess 😂

The mix button allows you to listen to the UMC1820's inputs without involving a computer. The buttons near to it, allow you to choose whether to listen to all 8 inputs or only the first two inputs, and whether the sound is mono or stereo.

In the middle position of that knob, you can listen to both the UMC1820's inputs and the first two software return, but quite quietly.