Problems Installing All Sound Library Content

enossified
Go to solution Solved by enossified,

I'm installing Logic on a new computer and today I waited all morning while Sound Library Manager downloaded and installed "all available content". Except it didn't!

After the installation completed, I opened up Logic to check the library and to my surprise lots of content was marked as needing a download. I opened the Manager again and sure enough it showed about 1/4 of the content "Incomplete".

I'm downloading that now but what happened here?

MacBook Air (Intel) , Big Sur 11.7.1, Logic 10.7.4

EDIT: I  should have mentioned that I relocated the library to an external drive before attempting the installation of additional content.

EDIT #2: Second install completed, still uninstalled content...#$%^&*(

Edited by enossified

Did you try just installing one section of content at a time? Perhaps you don't have enough space on your system drive to download, and decompress, then copy, multiple copies of 60GB at a time, or perhaps the network connection is crapping out somewhere.

Try one small section only - does that work?

• Solution

Thanks for replying Des!

It wasn't a space issue, I had hundreds of GB free. It was somehow related to to relocating the library to the external drive. I would get notifications the install was successful but the size of the library was too small and Manager kept showing uninstalled content. Gave up after the third try.

I did a successful install of the library on the laptop's SSD, Manager shows 100% installed.  I'll keep it local for now, I still have a little over 50% of the SSD free.

Edited by enossified