How do I assign these two Kontakt buttons to the pads on my MIDI keyboard?

I tried numerous times to hit the "Learn MIDI CC" but it doesn't seem to register when hitting pads. When moving a knob/fader, it does learn the MIDI CC correctly. I don't want to use a knob/fader for this however, I want to hit a pad because it's like hitting buttons. Does anyone know how to get it to work?

MIDI Learn.png

Are those controls exposed as automatable parameters? I'd guess that's unlikely, so you can't do what you want to do. Remember in Kontakt, you have to use the automation panel to map instrument parameters to automation parameters first - you'll need to see whether the instrument exposes those controls in that way.

11 hours ago, des99 said:

Are those controls exposed as automatable parameters? I'd guess that's unlikely, so you can't do what you want to do. Remember in Kontakt, you have to use the automation panel to map instrument parameters to automation parameters first - you'll need to see whether the instrument exposes those controls in that way.

Hmmm it seems like I can map it in the MIDI CC automation tab. but not in the Host Automation tab. What does that mean?

1 hour ago, des99 said:

Probably that you have to use Kontakt’s own MIDI learn to learn a MIDI message to that function.

I was wrong! Turns out, you CAN map those buttons in the Host Automation tab. Once I did that I was able to successfully MIDI Learn those buttons. YAY!

• Like 1