Help with contextual Midi controller assignments?? Hoping for help with mixing workflow.

jackslip

Hey Logic users!

My first time posting because I found myself in a spot and unable to find any clear resources to help me resolve my issue...

Say I have a basic MIDI controller with a few encoders. I thought wouldn't it be great that if I mapped a plugin parameter to a particular encoder, that every time I brought  up an instance of that same plugin, that control would be recalled.

I cant seem to figure it out... Lets say If I had a reverb open on "Track A" could it be possible to assign an encoder each to Mix, Pre Delay and Time - then have those same 3 controls recalled on the same encoders when I open the same plugin on "Track B" ?

I could imagine this working through smart controls in some way?

It seems so simple and would improve my workflow so much but Im lost!

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

You can do that with Smart Controls however Smart Controls are saved with the patch, which contains all the plug-ins on the channel strip. So that means that if you already have for example a chorus plug-in, and want to insert the reverb plug-in after your chorus plug-in, then that would not be possible. You'd have to load the patch, which would remove the Chorus plug-in and replace it with your Reverb plug-in.