Create Multi out from sampler with chopped slices... Dragged into Step Sequencer?

onerez
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

HI all!!

Sorry for maybe the noob question.  This is what I want to do...    but can't seem to make it work.

Have a loop that I want to throw into sampler and chop- I can do that fine.

Take that and drag from sampler to time line create midi region- I can do that fine.

Covert that midi region to a pattern so then I can rearrange in step sequencer for new loop.- I can do that fine.

Now here is where I am getting stumped.  I want to have those as multi out or on there own channel so I can add individual effects to lets just say the hi hats of the loop.

I know that if I convert it back to a midi region that convert to notes by pitch, it separates them, but they seem to be connected to the sampler and can't solo just one?

Is there an easier way to do this???

Thanks!!!!!!

Charlie 

• Solution

A quick and easy way is, when you drag and drop your loop to the bottom of the track headers, to choose Drum Machine Designer instead of Quick Sampler. That creates a channel strip in the Mixer with a little disclosure triangle at the bottom that you can click to open individual channel strips for each sample. 

20 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

A quick and easy way is, when you drag and drop your loop to the bottom of the track headers, to choose Drum Machine Designer instead of Quick Sampler. That creates a channel strip in the Mixer with a little disclosure triangle at the bottom that you can click to open individual channel strips for each sample. 

Jeez......    you are a miracle !!!!   thank you that is what I wanted!!!

• Like 1