10.7.6 is available

ozinga
Message added by David Nahmani,

For the previous topic on the Logic Pro 10.7.5 release see:

great for you but I am unable to use 10.7.5 and from the looks of it will not be able to use 10.7.6 either, critical bugs they introduced in 10.7.5 that need to be fixed.  10.7.5+ is no go for me until they are fixed.  Maybe they should spend less time introducing so many bugs to 10.7.5

Edited by Dewdman42

8 minutes ago, Dewdman42 said:

great for you but I am unable to use 10.7.5 and from the looks of it will not be able to use 10.7.6 either, critical bugs they introduced in 10.7.5 that need to be fixed.  10.7.5+ is no go for me until they are fixed.  Maybe they should spend less time introducing so many bugs to 10.7.5

what issue(s) in 10.7.5?

i don't think apple intentionally 'introduces' bugs to logic, but yes, they should be on top of fixing whatever breaks.

2 minutes ago, Dewdman42 said:

I will tell you after I have a chance to test out 10.7.6 to see if they fixed things without mentioning it.

the changelog only shows those 2 fixes. but, fwiw, updating logic to 10.7.6 fixed 2 small issues with my roli lumi keyboard. i would think the update fixed those things unintentionally (the way OS updates sometimes fix random issues with a previous OS version, almost like a jump-start).

let us know how things go!

25 minutes ago, polanoid said:

Which ones were that?

The main one for me is that 10.7.5 included a specific fix for Soundtoys Effects Rack preset changing (which was buggy, but at least sort of worked in 10.7.4, but needed a fix in Logic to work properly without crashing) - the fix of which actually rendered Effects Rack more or less unusable for me (instant hard crash of *Logic* - not the plugin process - if you even attempt to change a preset in Effects Rack running natively...)

I'll check 10.7.6 later, but without specific mention of changes around this, I'm not confident anything has changed. Even Soundtoys said this was a Logic issue...

Other than that, 10.7.5 has been pretty good here.

Edited by des99
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, polanoid said:

*so many* bugs...

To clarify - I said *for me* it's been good, but that doesn't mean my experience is the same for @Dewdman42. It was him complaining about critical bugs in 10.7.5 being a no go for him. He hasn't specified what those are. I just mentioned the one fairly critical - but at least avoidable - bug for me that was introduced in 10.7.5, as you were asking about what bugs 10.7.5 brought.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, des99 said:

I'll check 10.7.6 later, but without specific mention of changes around this, I'm not confident anything has changed. Even Soundtoys said this was a Logic issue...

And... I've just been switching presets with glee and it's solid, no more hard crash with Effects Rack, which is pleasantly surprising. 👍

(The preset library browser still behaves weird, it don't retain it's place when you select a preset but resets to the top folder each time - a bit annoying, but a small inconvenience only. The library browser started behaving a bit erratically with many plugins somewhere in the 10.7.x cycle, so they obviously changed something.)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, des99 said:

And... I've just been switching presets with glee and it's solid, no more hard crash with Effects Rack, which is pleasantly surprising. 👍

(The preset library browser still behaves weird, it don't retain it's place when you select a preset but resets to the top folder each time - a bit annoying, but a small inconvenience only. The library browser started behaving a bit erratically with many plugins somewhere in the 10.7.x cycle, so they obviously changed something.)

Effect Rack It's working fine for me too.

Especially switching sound design presets doesn't cause logic to crash anymore, i'm really happy because i bought the bundle two weeks ago and i was so annoyed.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tommasodonofrio said:

Especially switching sound design presets doesn't cause logic to crash anymore

Ah that's good to hear - I'd never found anyone that could confirm the behaviour I got. Good to know it wasn't just me! 😝

My guess is that the previous fix they made in 10.7.5 they botched somehow, and then it got silently fixed in 10.7.6. All good!

I have not had time to read through the entire 10.7.5_is_out thread, so maybe someone already commented about this.  Given 10.7.5 is the first release where Logic allows you to import 32 bit float files w/o converting them, I tested doing a bounce of a 32 bit float file (starting at 1 1 1 1).  No effects, no busses, no DSP, no level changes of any kind.  I then used Wavelab to diff the original and the bounced file.  Just as I had reported for freeze files, Wavelab shows Logic puts low level noise/garbage at the very beginning of a 32 float file.  This time they got back to me and I demonstrated it to the Logic tech over the phone.  What surprised me is they seemed to know about this issue and said the work around is to use cycle mode to designate the audio range to bounce, i.e., in this case the entire file.   I checked this and using the cycle range does fix it (no sample differences).  I would not have guessed to use cycle mode.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2022 at 11:36 PM, des99 said:

Ah that's good to hear - I'd never found anyone that could confirm the behaviour I got. Good to know it wasn't just me! 😝

My guess is that the previous fix they made in 10.7.5 they botched somehow, and then it got silently fixed in 10.7.6. All good!

I'm sorry but i have to tell you that that the problem is still here, it doesn't happen all the time but it hasn't been fixed.

:(((

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, tommasodonofrio said:

I'm sorry but i have to tell you that that the problem is still here, it doesn't happen all the time but it hasn't been fixed.

Previously for me, selecting any preset would instantly hard crash Logic immediately.

I just switched about 50-80 Effect Rack presets via a variety of methods, and it worked fine, no crashes.

Even if the issue is still there, this is at a level that's much more practical to work with - at least at this stage. If the bug is more intermittent, maybe those crashes will come back at some point - Soundtoys said they couldn't reproduce this at their end with 10.7.5, so clearly the issue wasn't as obviously immediate for everyone. We'll see how it goes I guess...

2 hours ago, fonkeek said:

Hi, I have 10.7.6 and I can't fix the Playhead issue, it's jumping backward every time I press play. I've been looking at different forums and I still couldn't fix the problem for the last 45min. Doesn't seem very fair doesn't it? "lol"

Do you have "Play from last locate position" switched on for the play button?