10.7.6 is available

ozinga
Message added by David Nahmani,

For the previous topic on the Logic Pro 10.7.5 release see:

17 hours ago, fonkeek said:

Can you reproduce this behavior at will, in any new empty Logic project? Have you tried to create a new user account on your Mac to see if you can reproduce the issue there? Otherwise, do you have any steps you can share to help us reproduce this behavior on our end? I can't reproduce it here. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, polanoid said:

The only way I can make Logic behave like it does in your video is to insert a plug-in with latency (in which case the behaviour is very much expected).

If I insert a plug-in with latency on the Stereo Out channel strip, then the playhead stays put, it first flashes without moving then starts playback from its original position. It does not jump back as we can see on fonkeek's video.

3 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

If I insert a plug-in with latency on the Stereo Out channel strip, then the playhead stays put, it first flashes without moving then starts playback from its original position. It does not jump back as we can see on fonkeek's video.

It sure does here. Need to insert the plug-in on the channel strip itself though.1681331708_ItSureDoesHere.thumb.gif.71612196bffd3780948251316464c392.gif

Edited by polanoid

4 minutes ago, polanoid said:

Need to insert the plug-in on the channel strip itself though.

So I was able to reproduce this:

1. Only once,
  2. Only with a software instrument track (not an audio track),
  3. Only when a MIDI region was present on the track. 

And right now, even with those conditions, I can't reproduce the "playhead jumps back" behavior:

latency.gif

5 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

So I was able to reproduce this:

1. Only once,
  2. Only with a software instrument track (not an audio track),
  3. Only when a MIDI region was present on the track. 

Well I'm seeing it 100% of the time, also with Audio tracks (interestingly, even with LLM on). As soon as I remove the AdLimit the jump back no longer happens

Happens All The Time Here.gif

Edited by polanoid

I can reproduce it as Polanoid describes, software instrument track, RetroSynth, and an Adaptive Limiter.

Note that when you change the lookahead, it doesn't come into effect on the next playback, but the one after (it looks like the lookahead is not reset until some audio passes through it, at which point, the next start will show the playhead different behaviour.)

lpx.gif.2feef38ef8b4f017280358a54d7e93fb.gif

@fonkeek, what controller are you using? try unplugging that, then opening logic. still happening?

if not (and btw, which mac??), try resetting the smc, and nvram. it could be something coming from your controller; if so, resetting those things can help.

i should know; i had this same problem with my roli lumi (only thru usb, not when using the controller thru bluetooth). anyway, see if that helps...

I don't think this is abnormal behavior.  For instrument and audio tracks, if there are latent plugins on that track, then LogicPro handles PDC by feeding the midi and audio regions to the channel strip early.   When you hit play, the cursor jumps back in order to send the midi and audio regions early.  It has always done this as far as I can remember.  Even from 1:1 it will drop back to negative beat and roll forward from there.  I seem to recall there might be some preferences related to this also, but I can't remember for sure now.

If there are latent plugins on AUX or master channels then that could change this behavior in ways that might not seem sensible, because AUX and master channels cause everything to be delayed, rather then requiring pre-scroll of the region data so to speak.

1 hour ago, enossified said:

My new M1 MB Air arrives this afternoon. I'm assuming it will come with Monterey loaded. I have Logic 10.7.3 on my Intel MB Air running Big Sur. Should I expect any problems with 10.7.6?

might ship with ventura, but... you'll know soon enough. remember you're on the new chip, so update any 3rd-party plugins; older ones will run thru rosetta2 (your mac will ask if you want to install that if needed).

otherwise, what problems are you referring to? you won't really know how things go until you get there...

good luck, tho, enjoy your new air!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2022 at 8:31 PM, des99 said:

The main one for me is that 10.7.5 included a specific fix for Soundtoys Effects Rack preset changing (which was buggy, but at least sort of worked in 10.7.4, but needed a fix in Logic to work properly without crashing) - the fix of which actually rendered Effects Rack more or less unusable for me (instant hard crash of *Logic* - not the plugin process - if you even attempt to change a preset in Effects Rack running natively...)

I'll check 10.7.6 later, but without specific mention of changes around this, I'm not confident anything has changed. Even Soundtoys said this was a Logic issue...

Other than that, 10.7.5 has been pretty good here.

Had that issue with Soundtoys Rack, now fixed, and 10.7.6 seems very stable here

• Like 1

Hi folks. I'm one of those affected by the latest set of Logic bugs. Logic no longer boots at all for me - I've gone through every one of Apple's official steps for troubleshooting, even going so far as to blow away all PLIST and Plug-In files.

It hangs (beach ball) immediately after start-up - even if I disable the core audio driver. Even if I delete all plugins and reboot. Even if I load logic with all the various modifiers.

Logic 10.7.6

OS 13.1

Crash logs are here 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LzxUjrjROFYQw5onI-Oakg2NOWtI7WHU/view?usp=share_link

3 minutes ago, thebardwest said:

I'm one of those affected by the latest set of Logic bugs.

Which bug are you referring to? I'm not aware of a Logic bug that stops it launching...

Revert back to 10.7.4 or something - does that work, but 10.7.6 doesn't?

Beachballing immediately on startup sounds like something is up with your system. Try trashing the Logic app, and redownloading it from the AppStore (if you haven't already). Also try running it in a new test user account to see if that works...

• Like 1

Ok - here are the steps I took this weekend:

* Confirmed that I *can* use Logic in a Guest User account, no crashing

* Logged back into my account - deleted Logic completely, including all Sound Libraries, Plugins, and Preferences

* Also deleted AudioMIDI Setup, Cubase 12, and a few other audio related apps/prefs.

* Rebooted

* Confirmed GarageBand works without crashing

* Reinstalled Logic - launched it, immediate crash on completing boot. 

So is this a "user" problem - something corrupt in my install of the OS? Or is this a Logic problem, since other audio apps (DSP Quattro, Cubase, and Garageband) all load fine?

I'm reluctant to nuke + pave and start the OS from scratch...but I'm also at a loss for further troubleshooting.