10.7.6 is available

ozinga
Message added by David Nahmani,

For the previous topic on the Logic Pro 10.7.5 release see:

Yes I have tried all the safe modes and that doesn't help. The thing to remember about a separate user account is that it does not have any of the third party plugins. So my wonder is whether or not I have some corrupt plug-in hanging out somewhere even though things don't seem to improve when I boot logic into safe plug-in mode or go so far as to delete all the components from the system.

48 minutes ago, thebardwest said:

Reinstalled Logic - launched it, immediate crash on completing boot. 

If this is the same issue you were referring to above, this is not a crash, it's a hang. And it's not caused by plugins by the look of the log file, Logic simply isn't loading, which suggests there is some kind of system issue on your account - it's difficult to say and difficult to find these kinds of things, short of uninstalling as much as possible that could be interfering, clearing out as many caches and so on as possible, turning off the more edge case things like iCloud Drive desktop sharing, checking permissions on your files/folders/apps - trying to find anything that affects things really.

You might also want to try Apple tech support.

In the worst case with some weird user account issue, sometimes the easiest path is to abandon that user account and set up a new user account to use from now on. Not a great solution, but it will at least get you running again...

• Like 1

I burnt the day yesterday and reinstalled *everything* from scratch in a new user and everything seems to be working again. I took a CCC capture of the setup, so hopefully I won't put myself in this situation again. 

It is *possible* but I don't know how probably, that this was one of the causes - https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/4415601248657-How-to-Enable-Full-Disk-Access-on-macOS

I don't recall whether or not I had done this for Kontakt or other NI apps. I somehow stumbled upon this yesterday when running AUVAL and it crashed on Kontakt.

• Like 1