Undo doesn't undo drummer artist change and x/y drummer data

Banditos

Hi all! Happy new year!

So my question is, I changed the drummer artist on a drummer track and then I couldn't undo it by cmd Z. I also Couldn't undo other things like plugin parameters and volumes so I could find that it has a dedicated settings for that and I enabled the Mixer and Plug-in settings in the undo history... (it should be in the settings menu since it is a setting btw) but then I still cannot undo the drummer artist change by undo. It shows in the history and I can undo it and the settings seems like going back but the actual artist isn't changing back. Any idea? Or is that a bug?

Suggestion/question: Since the drummer is a very delicate thing to edit, when I change that x/y parameter it can be suddenly very good or very weird so is there any way to see the actual parameter it is set to? Like since it is an x/y panel somewhere shows x=49 y=31 ? So I could type it manually or at least try to recreate it by moving that button. Would be awesome!

Thank you in advance!

Andy

14 hours ago, Banditos said:

is there any way to see the actual parameter it is set to?

No, there are no user readable parameter values for the XY Pad in Drummer editor. 

You should be able to undo a Drummer change (such as the drummer you choose in the Library or the XY Pad's puck position) even when Mixer undo steps are not included in the project undo history. 

Try this: create a brand new empty project with only one Drummer track, move the XY Pad and choose Edit > Undo, is that not working? 

4 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

No, there are no user readable parameter values for the XY Pad in Drummer editor. 

You should be able to undo a Drummer change (such as the drummer you choose in the Library or the XY Pad's puck position) even when Mixer undo steps are not included in the project undo history. 

Try this: create a brand new empty project with only one Drummer track, move the XY Pad and choose Edit > Undo, is that not working? 

Thank you very much for your answer. The xy parameter would be so great to have. 

So I can undo the xy parameter change I cannot undo only when I change the drummer artist or player or whatever it called, that thing never goes back with undo. When I change artist/player it changes many parameters I can see, then when I undo it the parameters such as xy position changes but the actual artist/player remains the same. 

15 minutes ago, Banditos said:

When I change artist/player it changes many parameters I can see, then when I undo it the parameters such as xy position changes but the actual artist/player remains the same. 

Is that even when you try it in a brand new empty project? Because I tried here and undoing does revert back to the original drummer.

3 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

Is that even when you try it in a brand new empty project? Because I tried here and undoing does revert back to the original drummer.

Hi, so I checked. I still have this issue in a new empty project. I made a video but before I even make the effort to show you the question is which logic do you use? Maybe mine still had this bug or issue and they fixed it already. I was postponing to update my mac because I always had some issues after updates so I tried to ignore the updates but they have this annoying thing as forcing you by logic updates requirements...

I use big sur macos 11.2 and Logic 10.7.2

Do you use monterey? or ventura? latest Logic? Is it safe to update to monterey or ventura with m1 air? Sorry too many questions... I hate this updating sht big time.

Thank you for your time and all effort!

1 hour ago, Banditos said:

which logic do you use?

I'm using Logic 10.7.6 Monterey 12.3.1 here.

1 hour ago, Banditos said:

Is it safe to update to monterey or ventura with m1 air?

As far as Logic Pro 10.7.6 is concerned, yes: definitely. The only issue you have to keep in mind is if you're using any kind of 3rd party plug-ins that may not be compatible. If you aren't, then you're fine.