Midi instruments play normal until I start recording, then all sound cuts out of monitors

Ian Richmond

I use an AKAI MPD218 and an electric piano as MIDI instruments. I load up my sounds from, and can tinker with and play on them for as long as I like. When I've found some sounds to settle on I decide to record. As soon as I hit record, I can still play the instruments just fine. I might go back tweak and edit my region a bit, and when it comes back time to play on the instruments no sound comes out. I still register signal and feedback, my input and output settings are all still saved in my preferences, just no sound comes out. I can't use the monitors at all after its happened, not for Youtube or Spotify or anything else on the computer. The only fix is to reset my computer. Ive tried recreating the problem without the use of logic but the monitors will work fine for hours on YouTube or Spotify. My only conclusion that this might some sort of bug on logics end. I am currently running Logic 10.7.4

Edited by Ian Richmond

• Ian Richmond changed the title to Midi instruments play normal until I start recording, then all sound cuts out of monitors