Logic 10.7.7 Released

des99
Message added by David Nahmani,

For the previous topic on the Logic Pro 10.7.6 release, see:

Same bug though? Apple specifically say this was a Ventura-related issue, but you were having it on Monterey?

You were getting the C0 notes? I thought your issue was notes not being recognised at all? Was it fixed for you with a reanalysis in 10.7.7?

Edited by des99
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, des99 said:

Apple specifically say this was a Ventura-related issue, but you were having it on Monterey?

No, you're right, it's not the same bug, but the instructions to re-analyze the audio for flex editing work as well. They do work in 10.7.6 as well so nothing to do with 10.7.7, it's just that the same fix works for both bugs. So... good to know! 🙂 

• Like 1

I wish Flex Pitch wasn't quite so... unpredictable... at least with Melodyne, you pretty much always know what you're going to get. With Flex sometimes it's fine, sometimes it just goes bad for no obvious reasons, and never knowing what it's going to do makes me not want to use it...

Just now, des99 said:

I wish Flex Pitch wasn't quite so... unpredictable... at least with Melodyne, you pretty much always know what you're going to get. With Flex sometimes it's fine, sometimes it just goes bad for no obvious reasons, and never knowing what it's going to do makes me not want to use it...

Yes it's great when it works but unfortunately it's rather unreliable. 😞 Hopefully it'll get there in the end. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, thegrapeguy said:

Logic 10.7.7 says it its a fix for problem in Ventura 13.1.

Hmm, where did you get that info that specifically mentions 13.1? The release notes, and the App Store listing say, specifically:

Fixes an issue with Flex Pitch analysis in Logic Pro on macOS Ventura.

Even the support note on the bug doesn't mention 13.1, so if you've seen something else with more details, I'd be interested if you'd post the link.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT213609

16 minutes ago, thegrapeguy said:

I'm on Ventura 13.2 but unlike Mania (post above) I see the new Logic 10.7.7 update available.  Should I update Logic or wait or not at all.  Strange that Mania isn't offered the Logic update but I am.

You get offered the update, because it's the latest version of Logic available, which incorporates one specific bug fix. It doesn't matter whether you experienced the bug, were vulnerable to it, or were not affected on Monterey - the updater says "Hey, there's a new version of Logic available".

If you don't want to update it for some reason, that's up to you. Mania didn't see it at first, because as I mention in the first post, the update takes a while to propagate through the various global content delivery networks for the AppStore in your given region. It showed up for him within a few hours, by the looks of his next post.

Edited by des99

Oh I missed Mania's 2nd post.  In my app store it says "Fixes an issue with Flex Pitch analysis in Logic Pro running on macOS Ventura 13.1".  Mania's 1st post though echos that as well. This implied to me that since I'm running 13.2 that maybe I don't need the update.  And since gremlins happen for some people when they upgrade I figured I'd wait.  However the offer to update Logic to 10.7.7 is still there so I assume  should update.

I just wonder why the Logic update in the app store wouldn't say "Fixes an issue with Flex Pitch analysis in Logic Pro running on macOS Ventura 13.1 and 13.2".  Or why wouldn't it say what yours said "Fixes an issue with Flex Pitch analysis in Logic Pro running on macOS Ventura"?

Or I had another thought, maybe Ventura 13.2 includes the Logic update?

Ok I can admit, I'm overthinking it.

Edited by thegrapeguy
clarification
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, thegrapeguy said:

"Fixes an issue with Flex Pitch analysis in Logic Pro running on macOS Ventura 13.1"

Ah thanks - I see that now. Not sure if the wording changed since it first showed up in my AppStore, or it always said that as per the release notes (which is what I remember it being), but interesting nonetheless. So a very specific bug, by the looks.

I've added the release notes link to the OP.

33 minutes ago, thegrapeguy said:

"Fixes an issue with Flex Pitch analysis in Logic Pro running on macOS Ventura 13.1 and 13.2"

The bug may well *only* occur on 13.1, difficult to know without more details.

Anyway, it's always advisable, where you can, to be on the most recent version of Logic, unless there is some specific issue preventing you from doing that. So yes, upgrade, would be my advice... 👍

Edited by des99

I for one have an irrational dissatisfaction with even numbers, including version numbers. So I'm always happy when there is an update bringing me to an odd version number. I don't care if there are any fixes, the new version number in itself is enough for me. 😄

Version 10.7.6 was a numerical meh, didn't enjoy looking at that version number. Not to mention 10.6.2, one in a long line of numerical offenses on my sensitive numerical sense!

The number 10.7.7 though, it passes. Not too happy about the "10", but at least it ends in odds.

Much looking forward to my time with LPX 11.3.5 etc.

• Haha 5

10.7.7 is two prime numbers and a 10, so there is that. 

but 10.7.6 has the aesthetic pleasantness of a combined pointy-thing with a rounded loop, then separated into a single pointy thing, and then a rounded loop to end the number… 

I've decided to split it: compress 10.7.6 to maintain its well-balancedness in a .zip file, and simultaneously embrace the machismo of 10.7.7 by updating the unzipped* copy.

*) see what I did there?

Wonderful to have this forum! Just upgraded this morning, after a thorough backup of v10.7.6.  I'm on Monterey 10.4 on a M1 Max Mackbook Pro 16'  So far all my hardware works fine.  Now I begin testing with some projects.  I had no pressing reason to upgrade, but I like to stay current.

431DDFD9-7104-49B0-BB1B-FB6D9D2EEFD6.thumb.jpeg.1c02a584faeebf37f45250d6286735e8.jpeg

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Kim Olesen said:

Is it just me, or are the meters missing in the mixer view?  Strange thing is that if i open a seperate mixer window on a second screen? The meters are there, while still being absent from the regular mixer that can be shown via keycommand. 

It's just you, the meters show as expected here. Can you share a screenshot?