Trying to Use the Presonus Atom

Walnut
Go to solution Solved by JakobP,

I do not know why certain transport functions on the presonus atom need to be pressed twice?  For example play.  Stop, I just press it once and it stops.Record I also have to hit twice and I am not sure why.  I just want to hit the button one time and have it do its function.  Same as the piano roll.  I have noticed that in the learn controller editor the stop button and other random buttons that I press on the first try are labeled scaled and the others are labeled rotate.  I will upload some photos to demonstrate.

Screenshot 2023-01-26 at 23.53.41.png

Screenshot 2023-01-26 at 23.53.55.png

16 minutes ago, Walnut said:

No, I decided to lie on the forum. 🙄. I assure you that I tried that

I wanted that clear since David said replace the 127, not the 7F. Wasn't implying you were lying... Did you try the midi monitor ?

Edited by JakobP

So, if I hit the stop button (1 time) controller 111 it has two velocities 127 and then 0

If I hit play and other various buttons I have to hit them (two times) to get the two velocities

if I hit the button (one time) only one velocity appears 127

Hit it again and it goes to 0

Screenshot 2023-02-01 at 06.38.25.png

21 hours ago, JakobP said:

Try change to "Hi7" instead, works here...

That works. It also works to simply remove the Lo7 placeholder. In fact having the Hi7 placeholder does nothing (it's ignored) when the message being assigned is a simple 7bit CC. The Hi7 refers to the high seven bits (the MSB) of 14bit messages such as Pitch Bend. Please see here: Controller assignments Expert view Input Message parameters in Logic Pro

On 2/1/2023 at 6:42 AM, Walnut said:

So, if I hit the stop button (1 time) controller 111 it has two velocities 127 and then 0

That one's behaving as a momentary switch.

On 2/1/2023 at 6:42 AM, Walnut said:

If I hit play and other various buttons I have to hit them (two times) to get the two velocities

if I hit the button (one time) only one velocity appears 127

Hit it again and it goes to 0

And that one's behaving as a toggle switch.

We're lucky that Logic let's us adapt our assignments to make things work the way we want, even when the MIDI controller being used does not behave in the ideal way for a given task. Other DAW's are not as flexible with this.

J.

Edited by Jordi Torres
Edit for clarity
  • Like 2