Ultrabeat Human beatbox distorted

Edward Tomlin-Browne
Go to solution Solved by Jordi Torres,

Hi,

Hopefully this is a quick one! I made a track many moons ago with Logic 9 using the human beatbox setting in ultrabeat. A while ago I upgraded to X and the project automatically converted to X.

The problem I have encountered is that the human beatbox is distorted. It sounds like it has a bit crusher on it. I've tried reinstalling the sound library and it has not helped. 

It's like it in a new project too so I was wondering had the preset human beatbox been changed? Or do I have a problem. The samples in the library sound ok but not in ultrabeat human beatbox.

Thanks in advance

Video: https://youtu.be/Om4YnUJzDHA

Ed

Logic X 10.7.6

Macbook Pro 15 mid 2015

2.8ghz i7

16gb

I use the motu 8pre and the built in outputs with headphones when not recording

Edited by Edward Tomlin-Browne

Hi Edward,

Looks like a sample rate-related bug. Here in Logic 10.7.6 the Human Beat Box preset sounds distorted for me as well (although not exactly the same as in your video for some reason) unless my project's sample rate is set to anything other than 44.1 kHz.

Will check in other versions of Logic Pro 10.

To tell you the truth, I kinda like this bug 😅

J.

• Like 1

Ah cool! Thanks for looking! I'd be interested to see what you find!

UPDATE: I changed my sample rate to 48khz and it's working as it should! I'm happy with that!!!

Thanks, Jordi!

UPDATE: All my recorded audio is pitched up! Hahaha I don't know what I'm doing. I'll try and bounce just the drums to the old track. That should work!

Edited by Edward Tomlin-Browne
update

• Solution
51 minutes ago, Jordi Torres said:

Will try on a different version of macOS...

Same deal on a different computer running Catalina. Can't say at which point the bug appeared.

However, reloading the samples seems to take care of the problem (I did not test reloading all of them though). If that does solve it, then you could save a copy of the glitch-free preset, then maybe overwrite the factory one. That way if the bug persists in future versions at least you will have a copy without distortion.

J. 

Edited by Jordi Torres
clarification
  • Like 1