Logic keyboard sounds

Dave 68

I want to use an external Korg electric piano to record keyboard tracks onto logicpro, but then be able to use the synth / piano / keyboard / orchestra sound patches which are contained within logicpro.  How do I do that please?  Do I have to use midi or just record the korg with an audio lead into logic via an interface and then go into logic and "edit" / "change" the keyboard sound which has been recorded ( If the answer to this is, "yes" how do I actually do this within logic)?

3 minutes ago, Dave 68 said:

Many thanks; I'll try that!...So, when  I create a new logic track, do I create an "audio" track or an "external midi"  track  from the options within logic?

If you want to use a Logic instrument, create a 'Software Instrument' track. Then, select your instrument of choice from the 'Instrument' slot.

• Like 1

I've selected "software instrument" track and set up my Korg electronic piano with 2 midi leads in / out of a Lexicon interface.  I haven't connected the Korg to logic via an audio lead. I can't hear any sound out of the headphones and, when I play the Korg's keys, no signal is being shown on the logic pro track I have created.   Any advice please?

image.png.e497fcdcdf5ad752087f031b15c95642.png