PANIC! I can't get access to my MIDI in the piano-roll.

el-bo
Go to solution Solved by Jordi Torres,

Ah, man! What has happened to my poor old project. I have a deadline to meet, tomorrow, but something's happened and I have no clue what it is...nor how to fix it. All of a sudden, it seems that I can't get access to my MIDI in the piano-roll. I just get one green section, which references another part/instrument, entirely. No matter which part I double-click, it seems to come up the same. I tried restarting Logic, but it's still happening.

It's probably (...and hopefully) a cery simple and obvious thing...but I cannae see it! 😞

I've included 2 screengrabs to show what I see. 

Wasn't planning to do any more this evening, but was preparing for a last-push tomorrow.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 🙂 

1814308409_Screenshot2023-01-28at23_33_01.thumb.png.34ea5217c7f301ef10a6a1610dd5dc03.png

279836703_Screenshot2023-01-28at23_33_16.thumb.png.b59b6b78124089385cac9555e42a7785.png

4 minutes ago, Jordi Torres said:

Hey el-bo!

Your Link button is disabled in the Piano Roll.  Click it!

1447928524_Screenshot2023-01-29at00_15_02.png.9bc6ee7056b2c75f2db664ed5edd17ed.png

J.

Ooooh, Man!! You absolute STAR! Never woulda found that on my own; at least not by the time I had to submit. Such an embarrassment to note when I joined this place, yet how completely lame my Logic understanding and workflow still is 😞

Cant thank you enough,

¡Un saludo y un abrazo!

Actually...to make this even more of a learning moment: Is there any reason why i'd ever want tracks to not be linked?

Thanks 🙂

...and long time, no see

51 minutes ago, gacki said:

By not linking you can have several and different editors open for different regions.

Thanks!

Still not imagining a use-case, but then I need to just experiment with it. Will wait till this project is done. Had enough scares this weekend 😱 

• Like 1

• David Nahmani changed the title to PANIC! I can't get access to my MIDI in the piano-roll.