Live Loops phasing(flex?)

dlab23
Go to solution Solved by dlab23,

Hi Logic people!

I am trying to put live loops in my workflow but cannot figure out what is going on.

It is all sequenced techno, no live instruments - I just want to record some loops here and there and arrange them in live loops. 

I have clock running from logic record few bars on one track, record few bars on another track (effected first track). 

When I play them together they just start phasing and slightly differently with every loop. When I record them in normal track view at the same time they play nicely together. When I chop the loops manually and drag them into live tracks they play nice together too...

I was suspecting flextime and some magic logic is trying to do in the background with the loops but if I turn it all off -  measures change from beats to time and logic completely forgets that it was recording bars at project tempo.... - when I try to help him out a bit with setting loop points it has to be super precise or the whole thing falls apart again.... 

Not sure if I am doing it all wrong but I just hoped that with clock running from logic it can just chop couple of bars from incoming audio and not touch it and loop it up for me, so I do not have to chop and drag and chop and drag and chop and drag and have the whole thing running all day just punching in and out what sounds interesting...

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Dlab

On 1/29/2023 at 7:10 PM, dlab23 said:

I have clock running from logic record few bars on one track, record few bars on another track (effected first track). 

When I play them together they just start phasing and slightly differently with every loop

Did you record them both simultaneously, or one after the other? In the Cell inspector, what lengths are displayed for Loop Length and Cell Length for the two loops? Maybe you could post an example project that others here can have a look at?

• Solution

Hi! it seems I found the issue - clock from logic just was not stable enough for digitakt and it kept oscillating 0.1 BPM. I am now just sending start stop from logic and let Digitakt run the show. 

I will keep an eye on it for a bit and see if that really was the issue but it seems like it.