How to get the main new tracks window with the 5 boxes at the top denoting software instrument, audio, drummer, external midi, guitar or bass?

Steve Colley
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Hi David I have your book it is fantastic.   I have a issue with another persons logic proximities.  when he opens the new tracks window its the old garage band window. can you tell me how I can change that window to the main new tracks window with the 5 boxes at the top denoting software instrument, audio, drummer, external midi, guitar or bass Ect..   it driving me crazy trying to find the solution he is using pro x 10.6.3. 

please can you help.

Kind regards  Steve

• David Nahmani changed the title to How to get the main new tracks window with the 5 boxes at the top denoting software instrument, audio, drummer, external midi, guitar or bass?

Hey David The book is Amazing informative and I've purchased a few for my family and friends also  

Yeah I sort of worked out it was in this area but I cannot find settings only. im prob being thick

Logic pro/preferences/advanced tools/.. where is settings advanced Ect ??

Edited by Steve Colley
  • Like 1

• Solution

Choose Logic Pro > Settings > Display and make sure "Show icons in New Tracks dialog" is NOT selected. 

3 hours ago, Steve Colley said:

My other only question once that's solved is

Q. I am using 10.6.3 is it good to update and will all my plug in run ok was im still on Catalina 15.7.5. and should I update the Mac iOS as well

Please start a new topic for the new question: 

1. Go to the Logic Pro forum: https://www.logicprohelp.com/forums/forum/1-logic-pro/
  2. Click the green "Start new topic" button at the top: 

Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 9.41.44 PM.png

Hi David  you have solved the issue regards the Tracks dialogue Box for me to help a friend here I just. want to say if ANYONE HAS NOT SEEN Davids Book you are missing out its an amazing reference from PRO X 10.4  Original publication -to this one 10.7.   Its the best help you can ever get !

Thank You - David Once again For your Kindness and patients Bless you  

• Love 1