Notes not appearing in piano roll, but velocity and other information are

formula

This might be a bug, but in certain sessions, notes disappear in my piano roll on certain midi regions after I press play. I do however see the velocity/sustain, etc. of the notes in the Automation pop up down below.

Link button is on, so I can't figure out what could be causing this. In other words, if my sequence is not playing and a midi region is selected, I see all the notes in the piano roll. Once I press play, the notes disappear, only to reappear if I click and hold the region with my mouse.

Would appreciate any tips on how to solve or if I'm missing something.

Thanks

Logic Pro 10.7.5

Mac OS 12.6.1

37 minutes ago, formula said:

Link button is on, so I can't figure out what could be causing this. In other words, if my sequence is not playing and a midi region is selected, I see all the notes in the piano roll. Once I press play, the notes disappear,

So does the region automatically get deselected as soon as you press play?

Thanks David. This issue affects several different tracks. In prepping the project to upload (deleted all tracks and left one that has the issue), the problem went away. So not sure if you'd be able to troubleshoot since the problem is no longer there with this one remaining track. I'm wondering if I need to delete tracks one by one to find the culprit?

I think I found the problem plugin that was causing this. I'm using the Garritan CFX Concert Grand plugin, and for some reason after I press play, the green circle in the track header lights up for this plugin, even if there are no midi regions on this track. Still confused as to why only the midi notes and not the automation of a selected region disappear when I press play.  If I remove this plugin the problem goes away. Too bad, as I really like the sound of this piano. Any tips on how I can solve? Do I need to contact Garritan?

• Like 1