Automation Switch in Track Header

jc808
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Unless I'm crazy, there used to be a little on/off toggle for read/latch/etc in the track headers (automation view). It seems to have disappeared and now I'm having to pull up the mixer view whenever I want to access that control. I'm attaching screenshots to hopefully make that clearer.

Is this a setting now? Hoping there's somewhere I can check a box to bring that back. TIA

8ZkLyBy.jpg

uf9Ibbu.jpg

58 minutes ago, des99 said:

Hover the mouse over the blue Track/Region button, and you'll see the power button to turn track, or region automation on or off.

lpx.gif.70c6d24c53b58f1f4b2a2dab938a1e22.gif

The automation mode switch/menu just changes the automation mode.

Right. But I'm 99.999% sure there also used to be a hoverable on/off toggle on that green button, mirroring the one I posted in the mixer view.

Edited by jc808

• Solution
13 hours ago, jc808 said:

But I'm 99.999% sure there also used to be a hoverable on/off toggle on that green button, mirroring the one I posted in the mixer view.

No, there was never an on/off button in the automation mode (Read/Touch/Latch) pop-up menu button on the track header, in fact it's always been a pet peeve of mine and I've lobbied Apple for years to ask them to make the interface consistent and put the on/off button in that pop-up menu just like on the channel strip, but they never did. 

However you don't have to open the Mixer, the button in the Track/Region pop-up menu button that des99 showed is the same one as the one in the Mixer (I know, that doesn't make any sense, but it's the way they've designed it for some reason). 

Maybe you're thinking of the on/off button in the automation parameter pop-up menu button?

Screen Shot 2023-02-04 at 10.28.41 AM.png

• Like 2

22 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

No, there was never an on/off button in the automation mode (Read/Touch/Latch) pop-up menu button on the track header, in fact it's always been a pet peeve of mine and I've lobbied Apple for years to ask them to make the interface consistent and put the on/off button in that pop-up menu just like on the channel strip, but they never did. 

However you don't have to open the Mixer, the button in the Track/Region pop-up menu button that des99 showed is the same one as the one in the Mixer (I know, that doesn't make any sense, but it's the way they've designed it for some reason). 

Maybe you're thinking of the on/off button in the automation parameter pop-up menu button?

Screen Shot 2023-02-04 at 10.28.41 AM.png

You nailed it, David. Thanks for that explanation. I just signed up for an account here, but I just want to say your work on this site has been a huge resource to me for years. Thanks for all your kind help!

• Like 1