Logic Pro 10.7.7/6 - macos Monterey 12.6.3 - System Overload - Logic Pro audio engine unable to process all required data in time

ctln8008

Single I have upgraded to macos Monterey 12.6.3 and Logic Pro 10.7.7 on iMac Pro 3,2 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W - 32 GB 2666 MHz DDR4.
System Overload
when changing any synth plugins when Logic is playing even with empty project 1 single channel.
Logic Pro 17.7.7 System Overload but if you rescan all the plugins - Full Audio Unit Reset - it will work until next restart. 

buffer size - 1024

processing threads - automatic

process buffer size - medium

multithreading - payback tracks

summing - high precision

rewire - off

no matter what settings I choose it always go System Overload when playing a single synth channel and switching the plugin with another synthesizer.

Edited by ctln8008

• ctln8008 changed the title to Logic Pro 10.7.7/6 - macos Monterey 12.6.3 - System Overload - Logic Pro audio engine unable to process all required data in time

Check your CPU performance meters - if you are heavily stressing your processor, then ask it to do something intensive like load and init a new plugin (especially if you're in Live Mode and processing a bunch of plugins all on the same core), it's quite possible to overload it.

The workaround is to not load new plugins during playback, in this case, to not ask the processor to do too much.

1 hour ago, des99 said:

Check your CPU performance meters - if you are heavily stressing your processor, then ask it to do something intensive like load and init a new plugin (especially if you're in Live Mode and processing a bunch of plugins all on the same core), it's quite possible to overload it.

The workaround is to not load new plugins during playback, in this case, to not ask the processor to do too much.

CPU maximum at 25% but if I rescan all the plugins - Full Audio Unit Reset - it will work normally until next restart. I guess it's a Monterey or Logic bug because I've already found 2 another topics with same problem......

system-overload.11964

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254537076?login=true&page=1

Edited by ctln8008

1 hour ago, des99 said:

I don’t mean overall CPU performance, I mean, are you maxing out a core? - Logics performance meters will show you core activity…

If I rescan all the plugins - Full Audio Unit Reset - it will work normally until next restart of the computer. So it’s clearly another bug……………………

3 hours ago, triplets said:

Did you save a copy of a previous Logic app to test?

Yes I’ve tried with older logic versions and it does the same! So… Monterey problem???

• 1 month later...
On 2/5/2023 at 10:50 PM, ctln8008 said:

If I rescan all the plugins - Full Audio Unit Reset - it will work normally until next restart of the computer. So it’s clearly another bug……………………

Yes I’ve tried with older logic versions and it does the same! So… Monterey problem???

Hello ctln8008, 

Did you ever get to the bottom of the system overload issue you were having when using Logic Pro 10.7.7 under Monterey?  I am experiencing the same issue, during playback of previous projects, which I never faced when playing them in logic 10.6.3 under Catalina and they would simply play all the way-no issues, but unfortunately now that is not the case!  So It would be great to know if you managed to resolve it?! I am using MacBook pro 2015  (2.5Ghz, i7, 16GB ram).

Thanks

7 hours ago, Angelface said:

Hello ctln8008, 

Did you ever get to the bottom of the system overload issue you were having when using Logic Pro 10.7.7 under Monterey?  I am experiencing the same issue, during playback of previous projects, which I never faced when playing them in logic 10.6.3 under Catalina and they would simply play all the way-no issues, but unfortunately now that is not the case!  So It would be great to know if you managed to resolve it?! I am using MacBook pro 2015  (2.5Ghz, i7, 16GB ram).

Thanks

I have reinstalled macos Big Sur and logic latest version working on Big Sur the one with broken plugin presets… and I have also started working with Ableton Live 11 which is superb!

2 hours ago, ctln8008 said:

I have reinstalled macos Big Sur and logic latest version working on Big Sur the one with broken plugin presets… and I have also started working with Ableton Live 11 which is superb!

Thanks so much ctln8008 for the response. Well it’s a shame that it was not resolved under Monterey, but I am glad you got it working again and sounds like your impressed with Ableton-I have not tried that DAW as yet!

On 4/3/2023 at 11:10 AM, Angelface said:

Thanks so much ctln8008 for the response. Well it’s a shame that it was not resolved under Monterey, but I am glad you got it working again and sounds like your impressed with Ableton-I have not tried that DAW as yet!

Just to add that I was also about to downgrade back to Catalina, as despite trying everything the system overload warning, continued and made Logic Pro 10.7.7 under Monterey unusable.  I was unable to play previous projects that I previously played without issue. In my case it turned out that it was down to thermal issues, as I had installed fan control software which resulted in the spikes and issues I was having.  However, I have uninstalled the software and my projects are now playing back without the error message. 
Just thought I should update the post in the hope it helps somebody else!