Calculate changes in bpm of audio file

MartinIR

Hi!

I want to know if there's a way to calculate the exact bpm of an imported audio file.

I want to import the audio file of a song and use a tool to calculate the different changes in bpm so I know how to configure the bpm of the metronome for that particular song. 

Thanks!

Martin.

2 hours ago, MartinIR said:

I want to import the audio file of a song and use a tool to calculate the different changes in bpm so I know how to configure the bpm of the metronome for that particular song. 

If you mean the song doesn't have a constant tempo, and you want to set up the global tempo track to reflect the tempo changes in the song, then yes, you should be able to do that. I've done it before (and it worked nicely). I don't remember the exact procedure at the moment (maybe someone else will provide the details), but I think it may be discussed here in the section 'Tempo Mapping'.

• Like 2

Gonna keep following this thread.  My last album could have used this.  I had to quantize my live drummer which I HATED doing.  The song used a heavy delay effect on the guitar that needed to stay in sync with the tempo of the song.  If I could have used this tool I would not have needed to quantize, I could have left the drums natural.

5 hours ago, scg said:

If you mean the song doesn't have a constant tempo, and you want to set up the global tempo track to reflect the tempo changes in the song, then yes, you should be able to do that. I've done it before (and it worked nicely). I don't remember the exact procedure at the moment (maybe someone else will provide the details), but I think it may be discussed here in the section 'Tempo Mapping'.

Yes, that's exactly what I need. I will check the link you sent.