Audio device controls

Jordn

Yes, for inputs of audio interfaces that support this. 

I very much dislike this, because it is very easy to inadvertantly cause big changes in gain with just a slip of the mouse, which almost always has severe consequences on the monitoring of the instrument in question in the talent's headphones. Much safer to just use the physical gain knob on the interface itself.

Thanks, guys.

And this mirrors the gain access shown in the Studio One DAW that appears in the "class" I'm taking. Good to know. This essentially means I don't have to add a gain plug-in to every instrument while putting together a static mix. I'm past the static mix phase (which I see can be kind of rabbit hole if you don't give yourself a cut-off point, moving on deep study of EQ.

Press Option-X and make sure Audio Device Controls is selected? Also make sure an input is selected on those channel strips? 

42 minutes ago, Jordn said:

This essentially means I don't have to add a gain plug-in to every instrument while putting together a static mix.

Beware that a gain plug-in applies gain to your digital signal inside the DAW, whereas the Audio Device Control remote controls the analog preamp's gain on your audio interface. Not the same thing. 

5 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

Press Option-X and make sure Audio Device Controls is selected? Also make sure an input is selected on those channel strips? 

Beware that a gain plug-in applies gain to your digital signal inside the DAW, whereas the Audio Device Control remote controls the analog preamp's gain on your audio interface. Not the same thing. 

Yup, I just found out why it happened. I had set up Sonarworks Sound ID reference yesterday and was experimenting with it. With Sound ID engaged the Audio Device Controls appear. When disengaged and routed solely from my Focusrite Clarett + they disappear. I had once contacted Focusrite about this and they confirmed they do not support Audio Device controls in Logic. Out of curiosity I wonder what Interface does. Any idea?