Sometimes weird midi regions with question mark in the name - anyone else?

HoraceWimp

• 2 months later...

Now when I open a song in 10.7.8. that contains broken regions with question marks etc.. , this message comes up and the affected regions are removed. This should mean that the problem has been addressed, maybe even fixed. I haven't tested further, but I'll see.

Bildschirmfoto 2023-05-24 um 15.05.15.png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HoraceWimp said:

Now when I open a song in 10.7.8. that contains broken regions with question marks etc.. , this message comes up and the affected regions are removed. This should mean that the problem has been addressed, maybe even fixed. I haven't tested further, but I'll see.

Bildschirmfoto 2023-05-24 um 15.05.15.png

lol, great fix.

Well, the fix is that whatever bug was causing the corruption issue has hopefully been taken care of.

That alert is simply an extra thing to clean up the former corruption mess that the bug may have made - which is nice and thoughtful...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, des99 said:

Well, the fix is that whatever bug was causing the corruption issue has hopefully been taken care of.

That alert is simply an extra thing to clean up the former corruption mess that the bug may have made - which is nice and thoughtful...

But it removes the regions, so it's important to go through projects that have this problem and redo these regions. I myself don't remember which projects they were on, sadly.

I hope it indeed doesn't happen again.

1 minute ago, elnn said:

But it removes the regions, so it's important to go through projects that have this problem and redo these regions. I myself don't remember which projects they were on, sadly.

Indeed, to prevent further corruption, so if there is something important, you may want to use 10.7.7 and copy the data out of the corrupt regions into good ones, before "fixing" them in 10.7.8.

As long as you don't save the project once loaded into 10.7.8 and have those regions removed, you won't change anything.

It also happens a fair mount when loading old legacy projects for Logic to fix or remove "illegal regions" and other such bits of corruption - sometimes they can be fixed, and sometimes Logic wants to kill the infection before it can spread! 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, des99 said:

Indeed, to prevent further corruption, so if there is something important, you may want to use 10.7.7 and copy the data out of the corrupt regions into good ones, before "fixing" them in 10.7.8.

As long as you don't save the project once loaded into 10.7.8 and have those regions removed, you won't change anything.

It also happens a fair mount when loading old legacy projects for Logic to fix or remove "illegal regions" and other such bits of corruption - sometimes they can be fixed, and sometimes Logic wants to kill the infection before it can spread! 🙂

ah, so I guess it's best to just have 10.7.7 at hand, use 10.7.8 and if you get the pop up, pop back up into 10.7.7 and deal with it accordingly.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, des99 said:

Indeed, to prevent further corruption, so if there is something important, .....🙂

These regions can't contain something important, they don't play back anything and only behave annoyingly and conspicuously 😜 so away with them.
I had not deleted them then only because they would have come back immediately.

Edited by HoraceWimp
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have the exact same problem. And it really sucks. Been on the phone for ages with some support people, but no one really helps. After a week support team gave up, and didn´t even reply anymore. I tried everything, like re-install Logic clean, different OP, and updates of Logic...some songs work forever, but others get corrupted. Most funny sometime the problem suddenly recovers...but For 6 months I feel always s#!+ working with the software. I told the support team, that I am a professional producer and mix engineer and this is very annoying. No solution so far. Whoever fixes this, gets a price.....

6 hours ago, pinellimusic said:

I have the exact same problem. And it really sucks. Been on the phone for ages with some support people, but no one really helps. After a week support team gave up, and didn´t even reply anymore. I tried everything, like re-install Logic clean, different OP, and updates of Logic...some songs work forever, but others get corrupted. Most funny sometime the problem suddenly recovers...but For 6 months I feel always s#!+ working with the software. I told the support team, that I am a professional producer and mix engineer and this is very annoying. No solution so far. Whoever fixes this, gets a price.....

This bug has already been fixed. Are you on 10.7.8?

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

• 3 weeks later...

This bug has not been fully fixed for me in 10.7.8.

I still get the bug where non-focused instrument tracks are unexpectedly record-enabled (which for me, and some others in this thread, was always the precursor to the 'question mark' regions). It's just this no longer leads to corruption of regions.

So it's no longer a critical data-loss bug, but it can still be annoying.

• Like 1

I hope the Logic team addresses the problem and fixes it completely. I may have been among the first people to mention the issue and after three days of talking to the support, was just left alone and not even replied to by the support..That was quite disappointing...

• 3 weeks later...

I only just now came across that threat. Having the same issue and I am pretty sure - in my case - it is a compatibility problem with older template songs since Logic 10.7.

10.7.8 did not help. Selective track import from older session still not a goog idea…

Anyone having the same issue with 10.7.9 or managed to gain some inside? 

Edited by Thomas B