SCORE: Note selection bug or change

DanRad

(Please excuse my passive aggressiveness)

Having just "Upgraded" to Logic 10.7.4, among the many annoyances is a change or bug in score note selection.. In my previous life as a productive composer using Logic 10.4.x, you could select multiple contiguous notes by holding Shift and Clicking on the note.  I can select multiple regions with this method, but in score, when I select a note, hold shift and select another note right next to it, the previous note becomes unselected.  If the notes are NONCONTIGUOUS, I can select multiple notes.... WTF???

Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a fix or workaround? Just another in a series of groove killing new features.  

End of rant....we now return to your regularly scheduled forum....

Edited by DanRad

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the response. Yes, I've tried all modifiers. I just discovered (and edited my post as such) that NON CONTIGUOUS notes will select. But if they are next to each other, I can only select one contiguous object at a time (can't seem to select multiple chords irrespective of location).  😞

Edited by DanRad

I'm on 10.7.6. I'm getting erratic performance with this KC (which has been a standard setting for at least twenty years).

If I use the command in Main's sub-window for Score, sometimes it selects the next item in the Event List, so contiguous notes only work if there is no CC or Meta events interposed. Try it again -- and now even though the sub-window is clearly chosen, the command starts adding or subtracting regions in the Main tracks window. 

When I attempt SHIFT arrows in a stand-alone Score window with one note selected, it reliably adds or subtracts regions in Main and never touches the notes. 

The best I can achieve the correct behavior is in Event List. I suppress the display of everything but the notes, and then SHIFT right / left arrow adds / subtracts contiguous notes. 

Not good. 

Edited by Plowman
typo

Thank you for the reply.  I'm only using shift and as such, cannot select two contiguous notes. I'm on 10.7.4.  Maybe they fixed this in 10.7.7. Question... does 10.7.7 support "Rosetta" as I'm using that to support some older plugs.

Also... volovicg, what screen capture program are you using?

In 10.7.7, shift-arrow right / left works here in Main, Score and Event List, adding and subtracting notes and regions.  

In Piano Roll, both in the Main sub-pane and a stand-alone window, shift - right arrow adds notes, but shift - left arrow does nothing. It does not un-select notes.