eMagic Logic Control Reset to Mackie Mode Needed in Logic 10.7.7

Plowman

This is my current progress in this evening's unwelcome issue with my (ancient) eMagic Logic Control, as plugged into my (even older) Unitor 8 MKII. Skip to the last paragraph if you want the latest. 

Logic 10.6.2: Control surface recognized and working. 

Exact same file in...

Logic 10.7.2: Control surface not recognized. Running MIDI reset makes the faders flinch, but there is no recognition of the file, no lights, nothing. 

Exact same file in...

Logic 10.7.7: The same as 10.7.2.

Exact same file back in...

Logic 10.6.2: Control surface recognized and working. 

The usual ploys were attempted: delete the .cs preferences, delete .plist preferences, try Rebuild Defaults, turn off and on several times, reboot, delete and reinstall Logic Control in Control Surfaces.

Occasionally, a MIDI reset will cause the motorized faders to stand at attention, but they still don't see the file. 

Last paragraph: to coax my eMagic Logic Control to acknowledge the file in Logic 10.7.7, I held down Track Select buttons 1 and 2 while powering up and changed from Logic Control Mode to Mackie Control Mode. Now it is working in 10.7.7. If anyone would like to tell me if this is common / unusual / occasional, and for what reasons, I'd appreciate the feedback. As to the unit's function tomorrow, one can only hope.