When Building Control Surface Assignments...

Mouse_SF

When Building Control Surface Assignments In Logic Pro
It's a good idea to remember Logic ONLY SAVES CHANGES to the Program Assignments csfile when you QUIT the PROGRAM.

Go slow and and when it's working QUIT and BACKUP that .cs file

IMHO You are Always better off saving that cool new plugin's default patch twice and using the CSParameter File for organizing plugin controls  There is a great Utility for itcalled "Logic Parameter Order" It's simple and effective, much like backing up your  <<com.apple.logic.pro.cs>> file.

Also the Environment Still RULES!!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I have a Logic Pro 10.8.1 running on Sonoma 14.2.1 I have just started exploring how to assign or re-assign plugin  parameters as I have an SSL UF8. I have created a default plug in eg Logic’s Vintage EQ which has the graphics mapped the wrong way round. 
I am looking for the CS parameter list file which I cannot find.I can only find a PST file in the plug-in settings folder. Apparently if I can find a CS parameter order list file, I can edit it with an app such as Plist editor and then supposedly be able to rearrange the controls, the way I like  

Am I doing something wrong?

any suggestions in my quest would be greatly appreciated  

1 hour ago, Hip Not Hop said:

I am looking for the CS parameter list file which I cannot find.

You generate them while holding Option and doing a "Save as default" operation for a particular plugin.

See here: