When it Rings

Walnut

I like the ambience you're creating. Nice guitars and synths, and I like the chord progression. However there are timing issues that you need to fix. In my opinion that is the big priority in your productions, to make sure everything is synced up and in time. Your guitars are rushing a little bit, which would be best dealt when you're performing them. 

But the worst offender is the drum machine. It's clearly out of time. I suppose you played it by hand and didn't quantize it? I would try to quantize it. I also feel like the sound of the drum machine is a bit too raw and doesn't blend well with the rest of the track, but that's secondary. Once it's in time you can focus on that and probably turn it down a bit, maybe add a reverb or soften it somehow. 

Yeah these are just rough demos that I'm working on.  I just use sketch pad ideas and then build on them from there.  I definitely don't like the drums.  The sound nor the rhythm.  I actually would love to use a live drummer.  I just don't know anyone around me where I'm living nowadays.  Plus I don't want to pay anyone until I'm sure of these songs.   I appreciate the feedback and couldn't agree more.  The guitar was recorded in one take before work😂

Oh ok I see! I hear you about a real drummer but honestly I wouldn't slow down my production waiting for one if I were you. You can definitely do something decent with a drum machine, and your music is expressive enough as it is with the guitars and synths and their chord progression that you could have just a subtle minimal drum machine rhythm behind à la Air, Radiohead kind of thing, just to support the rest. 

• Like 1

I agree, but I've never worked with a drummer.  I'm in the process of building up songs for an album.  And on the album I'd really like some songs to have live drums. 

On my previous projects I've always programmed and chopped breaks etc.  I still love that but some songs I definitely want a funky drummer😁

For now I just took out the drums.  I like this one and really want to do more with it, so I will post more as it comes along.  I remember now I just looped my guitars and so I need to go back and record them properly. 

Edited by Walnut