My Moog Arp is adding notes to Drummer

John Scalia
Go to solution Solved by John Scalia,

Hello. This is weird. Today I sync'd up my Moog to Logic. Then , when I added Logic's Drummer track , when I would play the Moog in the arpeggiator mode, it was causing Logic's Drummer to add notes exactly like the Moog arp was playing , only it was drums. Different keys would even make it arp different drums. How is this happening all the sudden? Ive done this many times, with no issues. When I turned Drummer's Midi input selection to OFF, it stopped doing it. But what has happened that this is now happening?

David , 

Thanks!! Yes , I understand , however , I’ve done this hundreds of times , and this has never happened.  It should be noted that it’s intermittent. I’ll hit play on Logic , then suddenly the drums are adding the same notes as the Moog arp ( actually sounds pretty cool on some phrases). 
then the next time I hit play , it doesn’t do that. 

15 minutes ago, JohnScalia said:

It should be noted that it’s intermittent. I’ll hit play on Logic , then suddenly the drums are adding the same notes as the Moog arp ( actually sounds pretty cool on some phrases). 
then the next time I hit play , it doesn’t do that. 

What is consistent is that in Logic 10.7.7 if you have a Drummer track selected and Logic receives MIDI notes, the drum kit will play the notes. 

Were you using another Logic version before? I haven't tested this in earlier Logic versions. 

If it's intermittent, it could be because sometimes the Drummer track is selected and other times it isn't? Or because sometimes Logic is receiving the notes and sometimes it isn't => you can check that with a MIDI monitor such as Snoize's MIDI Monitor for example: https://www.snoize.com/midimonitor/

16 minutes ago, JohnScalia said:

Thanks. Yeah , I restarted and it hasn't done it again. Ghost in the machine?

Good to hear! It's hard to tell what was going on without further troubleshooting. Hopefully it will never happen again and we'll never know. 😄 But if it happens again, let us know and we'll proceed to rigorous troubleshooting, and chances are we'll know exactly what's happening.