Currently on Logic Pro 10.6, should I update to 10.7.5?

Angelface
Go to solution Solved by Atlas007,

Hi There,

I am new to this forum, but thought it would be a good place to put the feelers out and get some advice from fellow users😄! I have a MacBook Pro retina 2015 (2.5Ghz i7, 16GB ram) ,currently running Catalina and the last Logic version that Catalina supports which is 10.6.3.  I have been keeping a close eye on the Logic Pro 10.7.5 version that have a few really useful improvements that I am interested in, but I wonder if I will regret upgrading to Monterey on this machine or not?? Most importantly how does Logic pro 10.7.5 perform under Monterey in comparison to Catalina?   Any help and advice anyone can provide-especially from anyone using a similar aged intel machine I would be really grateful to hear from.  Thanks in advance.👍🏾

13 minutes ago, Atlas007 said:

Today (2023-03-28), current Logic version is 10.7.7…

Personally, I’m pretty satisfied with that last iteration. No regret at all.

My impression: there seems to be more issues with Ventura and new M chips…

what issues? either way, the OP is on an intel mac. 

perhaps see what others suggest...

Thanks for your responses Atlas007 & fisherking.  I appreciate you both taking the time to respond. 

It’s encouraging Atlas007 that you have not regrets using Monterey and Logic Pro 10.7.7. (Thanks for advising on the update) on an intel Machine. 

Of course I welcome any further comments from anyone else. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2023 at 1:16 PM, Angelface said:

Thanks for your responses Atlas007 & fisherking.  I appreciate you both taking the time to respond. 

It’s encouraging Atlas007 that you have not regrets using Monterey and Logic Pro 10.7.7. (Thanks for advising on the update) on an intel Machine. 

Of course I welcome any further comments from anyone else. Thanks

Just to advise I did update to Monterey from Catalina! I also updated Logic Pro 10.6.3. To 10.7.7 and whilst it is still early days, I am mostly happy with it. Monterey certainly boots up a lot quicker then Catalina, feels snappier and looks a lot nicer then Catalina on my MacBook Pro 2015.  With regards to Logic, I have not done extensive testing, but once I removed fan app that I had installed under Catalina it’s playing nicely and am not getting CPU system overload messages any longer, which is great!

• Like 2