Video file formats supported by Logic Pro

Sakkyokuka

Hi Everyone!

I can't seem to find anything that discusses which video file formats/containers/codecs are supported by current version of Logic Pro. Does anyone have an official list? Seems to be missing from manual, web, etc... Thanks in advance for any help!

Edited by Sakkyokuka

I expect Logic can use all the standard video formats supported by macOS, though some will be better suited than others for performance reasons.

Perhaps try to search for video formats supported on macOS, and start there, if you want a list?

Edited by des99

Thanks. Yeah, did that and am figuring that for the most part, if something is supported by Final Cut, Logic will support it as well. Was only wondering if there was an actual list somewhere specific to Logic (like in the manual... where it should be?). 🙂

I don't recall where I got this list from ( it was a while back) but do recall being told DV was the one with best performance in Logic. I also believe these are the all formats that play natively in quicktime. 

QuickTime Movie - mov.

MPEG-4 - m4v, mp4.

MPEG-2, MPEG-1.

3GPP, 3GPP2.

AVCHD.

AVI.

DV.

• Like 1