How to change tempo of midi and audio tracks

noahmizrahi
Go to solution Solved by polanoid,

I have 2 midi tracks and an audio track. The audio track was recorded to match the midi tracks. When I change the tempo as seen in the picture below only the audio track is affected and they are no longer in sync with the midi files. How do I keep all tracks in sync and change the tempo?

Screenshot 2023-05-14 at 10.27.41 PM.png

• Solution
7 hours ago, noahmizrahi said:

I have 2 midi tracks and an audio track. The audio track was recorded to match the midi tracks. When I change the tempo as seen in the picture below only the audio track is affected and they are no longer in sync with the midi files. How do I keep all tracks in sync and change the tempo?

Screenshot 2023-05-14 at 10.27.41 PM.png

Select the audio region and set Flex & Follow to On in the region inspector. 

But be aware that extreme tempo changes may cause audible artefacts in the audio region playback.

image.png.8819d18e9803d2ffff613fe999940ceb.png

Edited by polanoid
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Dox said:

I don't understand why the OP had the problem. When I record a MIDI track of drums, then record an Audio track of guitar, then change the Tempo, both tracks stay in sync to the new tempo.

You must have Flex already enabled for your audio track, are you recording using Smart Tempo? You can tell if in your LCD Display, below the tempo value, it says ADAPT or AUTO.