Can't change the position of the Project Start marker?

J-Dizzzy
Go to solution Solved by Atlas007,

• 6 months later...

I have been through this thread, I have a similar problem, except that i CAN see the start marker, it just doesn't move.  I've tried changing the start position manually in the project settings, nothing works, click drag does nothing.  I got this project from someone else.  My own projects work fine. Any thoughts?

5 hours ago, snaphooks said:

I have been through this thread, I have a similar problem, except that i CAN see the start marker, it just doesn't move.  I've tried changing the start position manually in the project settings, nothing works, click drag does nothing.  I got this project from someone else.  My own projects work fine. Any thoughts?

What is the exact position of the project start marker? 

10 minutes ago, snaphooks said:

I can move the end position no problem.  The start position doesn't move from 1 0 0 0.

There's no position 1 0 0 0 (zeroes don’t occur in musical grid positions). Also, my question was, can you not move the project start marker in any direction (neither to the left, e.g. 0 1 1 1, nor to the right, e.g. 2 1 1 1)?

2 minutes ago, polanoid said:

There's no position 1 0 0 0 (zeroes don’t occur in musical grid positions). Also, my question was, can you not move the project start marker in any direction (neither to the left, e.g. 0 1 1 1, nor to the right, e.g. 2 1 1 1)?

oh, yes i can move it to the negative side of zero.

11 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

Yes or some automation data is on 1 1 1 1. 

In any case I strongly recommend against moving your project start marker away from its 1 1 1 1 position (in either direction) as that is known to create various unexpected behaviors in Logic. 

ok that's likely.  I got this project from someone else.  I was hoping to delete any automation since the music doesn't begin for a bunch of measures.

1 hour ago, David Nahmani said:

You can delete all automation from the Mix menu.

And if you want to delete only the automation in the empty area before the first region starts, you might try this (which might not be for the faint of heart 😉 ) :

1) Set the cycle area so that it covers the range from Project start (1 1 1 1) to the start of the first region

2) Open the automation event list (Ctrl-Cmd-E)

3) Open the automation folder window (Cmd-1 while the automation event list is still on top)

4) Select all regions in there (Cmd-A)

5) Edit -> Split -> Regions at Locators

6) Backspace to delete the now selected regions (should be the parts between the locators). If Logic asks you if you want to Erase the automation data: doesn’t matter what you choose, it's gonna be erased anyway 😉 

7) Again select all regions in the automation folder

8 ) Drag their left border back to 1 1 1 1

9) Close the automation folder window and the automation event list

2 hours ago, polanoid said:

And if you want to delete only the automation in the empty area before the first region starts, you might try this (which might not be for the faint of heart 😉 ) :

1) Set the cycle area so that it covers the range from Project start (1 1 1 1) to the start of the first region

2) Open the automation event list (Ctrl-Cmd-E)

3) Open the automation folder window (Cmd-1 while the automation event list is still on top)

4) Select all regions in there (Cmd-A)

5) Edit -> Split -> Regions at Locators

6) Backspace to delete the now selected regions (should be the parts between the locators). If Logic asks you if you want to Erase the automation data: doesn’t matter what you choose, it's gonna be erased anyway 😉 

7) Again select all regions in the automation folder

8 ) Drag their left border back to 1 1 1 1

9) Close the automation folder window and the automation event list

OK i tried that and it still didn't work.  I'm getting really weird behavior, like the project end is >20000 and i pulled it back to 150 but it reset itself.  Then I tried customizing the window and the section for "LCD" is completely grayed out:

Screen Shot 2023-11-30 at 1.35.37 PM.png