Logic Crash

Gábor Csontos
Go to solution Solved by Gábor Csontos,

Hi lovely community,

I red many relevant topic here why Logic keeps crashing. I did many advises like deleting the com.apple.logic.cs file, Bypass All, Freeze the tracks, get more mags in work etc...  But it still keeps crashing. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Macbook Pro 16"
Chip: Apple M1 Max
Memory:64 GB
macOS: Ventura 13.3.1(a)
Audio: NI Komplete audio 6
Midis: AKAI MPK 49, AKAI MPK Mini, Novation Bass station 2 
Display: Thunderbolt 27" 
Logic Pro X: 10,7,7
Plug ins: NI Komplete Kontrol, Kontakt 7, Spire, Cytomic, Dune3, Sylenth, iZotope: Nectar 3 and Ozone 10
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I use simple audio files no crash but when I add MIDI track and start to modify them etc. then I want to listen from the beginning: it goes like 10 seconds then jumps back to the beginning when in loop mode.

When I want to listen the tracks together as monitor it looses the MIDI track playing, however the play goes on and a MIDI comes again it continues..-.. -.-

Please help! It is  total nightmare 

16 minutes ago, Gábor Csontos said:

When I use simple audio files no crash but when I add MIDI track and start to modify them etc. then I want to listen from the beginning: it goes like 10 seconds then jumps back to the beginning when in loop mode.

When I want to listen the tracks together as monitor it looses the MIDI track playing, however the play goes on and a MIDI comes again it continues..-.. -.-

I'm not sure I understand the above, so I'll ask, is Logic malfunctioning in ways other than crashing? Or is crashing the only issue? If it's crashing, is there anything that seems to cause it to crash?

8 hours ago, Gábor Csontos said:

You mean the software? No. 
The MIDI track/tracks. Yes. (During playing the project) 

I think I understand. Typically 'crash' means the software freezes or quits unexpectedly, but it sounds like you're saying Logic is just behaving incorrectly (but not actually crashing).

There's a long thread here about playback restarting unexpectedly. Are you using an external controller? (I don't think I saw one in your setup list, but maybe I missed it.)

it goes like 10 seconds then jumps back to the beginning when in loop mode.

Does this happen every time, or just sometimes? And are you saying you have cycle mode on, and it's restarting before it reaches the end of the cycle region?

10 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

Can you reproduce this issue in all your projects or only one specific project? 

Yes everytime in every single project unfortunately

3 hours ago, scg said:

I think I understand. Typically 'crash' means the software freezes or quits unexpectedly, but it sounds like you're saying Logic is just behaving incorrectly (but not actually crashing).

There's a long thread here about playback restarting unexpectedly. Are you using an external controller? (I don't think I saw one in your setup list, but maybe I missed it.)

Does this happen every time, or just sometimes? And are you saying you have cycle mode on, and it's restarting before it reaches the end of the cycle region?

It happens teh jump back in cycle mode before reaching the end of cycle region.

Furthermore when it is NOT in cycle mode it looses the MIDI track playing. 😕 

2 minutes ago, Gábor Csontos said:

Yes everytime in every single project unfortunately

It happens teh jump back in cycle mode before reaching the end of cycle region.

Furthermore when it is NOT in cycle mode it looses the MIDI track playing. 😕 

Sorry for the misscomunnication

1 minute ago, Gábor Csontos said:

Sorry for the misscomunnication

No need to apologize! Sometimes it just takes some back and forth to clarify things. (Even in the thread I linked to earlier there was some confusion early on as to what the specific issue was.)

That other thread is pretty long, but it sounds like your problem might be somewhat similar, so you might read through it.

So it sounds like there are two problems: restarting before reaching the end of the cycle, and:

Furthermore when it is NOT in cycle mode it looses the MIDI track playing.

The two problems may be related, but to keep things simple I'll just focus on the first problem.

- Does it ever make it to the end of the cycle, or does it restart early every single time?

- Does it always jump back to the beginning from the same place? Or does it vary?

- Are you using any sort of controller that might be sending messages that would cause it? (Much of the discussion in the other thread is about this.)

26 minutes ago, scg said:

No need to apologize! Sometimes it just takes some back and forth to clarify things. (Even in the thread I linked to earlier there was some confusion early on as to what the specific issue was.)

That other thread is pretty long, but it sounds like your problem might be somewhat similar, so you might read through it.

So it sounds like there are two problems: restarting before reaching the end of the cycle, and:

The two problems may be related, but to keep things simple I'll just focus on the first problem.

- Does it ever make it to the end of the cycle, or does it restart early every single time?

- Does it always jump back to the beginning from the same place? Or does it vary?

- Are you using any sort of controller that might be sending messages that would cause it? (Much of the discussion in the other thread is about this.)

- Yes it sometimes does make to the end but usually not.. 

- It is Vary

- Midi controllers: AKAI MPK 49, AKAI MPK Mini, Novation Bass station 2  (However by disconnecting it does the same thing.

• Like 1

If it happens even with your controllers disconnected, then I'm not sure 🙁 I'd look at the thread I linked to earlier if you haven't already. And David posted earlier, so maybe he'll return and offer some additional insight or suggestions 🙂

On 5/22/2023 at 8:15 PM, scg said:

ot sure 🙁 I'd look at the thread I linked to earlier if you haven't already. And David posted earlier, so maybe he'll

Today I have updated all the VST's, AAX's, AU's and plugins. Many plugins makers quotes that those updates works on M1/M2 chips and Ventura. As said I have M1 Max chip and Venture operation s.. I hope it will resolve that terrible conflict within the Logic. I'll get back to you with results. ASAP.-

• Solution

Recently I started to work again: no issue yet. I hope it will keep up the great progress. 

Solution: The OP systems easily could get in conflict with VST's, AAX's, AU's and plugins in Logix Pro. So best to check the additional updates maybe it will require.