Logic Pro 10.7.8 is out!

David Nahmani

39 minutes ago, sluice said:

Am i dreaming or is it really true? This damned sidechain-delay-latency bug is gone. Just tested it on a few projects where I had this issue.

How much latency was there? I’ve never noticed it while using trackspacer and a few other plugins. 

45 minutes ago, sluice said:

Am i dreaming or is it really true? This damned sidechain-delay-latency bug is gone. Just tested it on a few projects where I had this issue.

When i tested it, there was latency, yes. But for some reason it was less than previously. So they decreased the occurring latency or what? Or just compensated it partially?

Edited by steinweg

17 minutes ago, steinweg said:

When i tested it, there was latency, yes. But for some reason it was less than previously. So they decreased the occurring latency or what? Or just compensated it partially?

Yep, when it's there, it's less than before. Maybe it's one plugin which doesn't like another side chained plugin, which is the third of the left 😉

25 minutes ago, jmob said:

How much latency was there? I’ve never noticed it while using trackspacer and a few other plugins. 

Sometimes half a second. much enough for not playing in sync. only with a few side chained instruments/fx

1 hour ago, sluice said:

Yep, when it's there, it's less than before. Maybe it's one plugin which doesn't like another side chained plugin, which is the third of the left 😉

Sometimes half a second. much enough for not playing in sync. only with a few side chained instruments/fx

That has to be plug-in specific. I have never come across that bug. I’m not saying it’s not real but half a second is something you notice

1 hour ago, jmob said:

That has to be plug-in specific. I have never come across that bug. I’m not saying it’s not real but half a second is something you notice

i‘m not alone. this bug is there for years now. i think since 10.7.0. forums are full of this issue. glad you don‘t make this experience. let us know your settings, how much sidechaining you use etc. 

Edit: Ok. Only sessions with about five waves debreath make it worse. but others, where I know I had this problem are totally solved. think it's waves again. arrrgh.

Edited by sluice
  • Like 1

Hello everyone! I really want to figure it out. Is there something wrong with me:)

When I've adding software instrument tracks, their color remains green by default. There are no problems when I've adding audio tracks. Is this a bug? 2023-05-2418_04_28.thumb.png.0d32ea744d38c47729a533346e2c7bcb.pngthere was no such thing in the previous version...

Logic Pro 10.7.8

I have a weird bug : when i solo regions (ctrl + S), the frozen tracks of the project will still play / won't be muted. Only fix is to unfreeze them, but my CPU is dying... Don't know if it's related to 10.7.8, but i've never seen this before... I'm on latest ventura / macbook pro 16 m1 pro

19 minutes ago, Dorosh_Ivan said:

I hope Apple will fix it soon, it's annoying...(((

For things like this that are annoying, sometimes it's better just to stay on the previous version that doesn't have that behaviour for a while, and maybe check the next release when it comes to see if it's fixed.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bigramp said:

I have a weird bug : when i solo regions (ctrl + S), the frozen tracks of the project will still play / won't be muted. Only fix is to unfreeze them, but my CPU is dying... Don't know if it's related to 10.7.8, but i've never seen this before...

I just tried, and yes, I see the same thing... 😞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dox said:

What is the best way to revert to 10.7.7?

If you followed the instructions on the release notes, at the beginning of the thread, you'll have backed up your previous version of Logic before installing the update, so you have the option of reverting - just run whichever version you want.

SCR-20230524-pzy.png.8d06be588d4c7425f74b74a96a7b13e1.png

If you didn't do that, you'll need to recover the previous version from your backups.

Edited by des99
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dupont said:

Older Logic plugins UI still look ugly in 5k screens ? No HI definition UI ?

No changes to any plugin UI's were listed in the update notes. This is mainly a bugfix update and to support a few iPad related features.

• Like 1

I'm finding that I can't record midi anymore to AUX tracks such as to Omnisphere with a track stack/multi-timbral like setup.  I confirmed this on multiple projects.  I can playback the midi instrument on the AUX track like before.  When I press record and start playing on my midi controller it LOOKS as if it's recording, but then when I press stop the midi region just *poof* disappears. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, icalone said:

I'm finding that I can't record midi anymore to AUX tracks such as to Omnisphere with a track stack/multi-timbral like setup.  I confirmed this on multiple projects.  I can playback the midi instrument on the AUX track like before.  When I press record and start playing on my midi controller it LOOKS as if it's recording, but then when I press stop the midi region just *poof* disappears. 

I can't reproduce this issue here? Recording MIDI on the main track of a summing track stack works the same as in earlier versions. Have you tried it in a new empty project?

5 hours ago, Dorosh_Ivan said:

Hello everyone! I really want to figure it out. Is there something wrong with me:)

When I've adding software instrument tracks, their color remains green by default. There are no problems when I've adding audio tracks. Is this a bug? 2023-05-2418_04_28.thumb.png.0d32ea744d38c47729a533346e2c7bcb.pngthere was no such thing in the previous version...

Logic Pro 10.7.8

Seems to work Ok here? 

Screenshot2023-05-24at22_22_05.thumb.png.811f7d061cdce49c123946cfa68b1d99.png

J.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, zipb said:

Yesterday I was plagued for the first time by wrong latency compensation when using trackspacer(with sidechain input) on a bus, today it seems to be fixed. Serendipity or what?

I’m m glad that worked out. Not being able to use trackspacer would be terrible. 

1 hour ago, David Nahmani said:

I can't reproduce this issue here? Recording MIDI on the main track of a summing track stack works the same as in earlier versions. Have you tried it in a new empty project?

Yes I am trying it on an empty project and it still happens.  Yes, I can also record midi on the main track (which is the software instrument track) like you can. BUT, I can't anymore record midi on any of the other AUX tracks of the track stacks.  For instance if I wnated to record midi on just the snare aux track for instance. 

Also, this really becomes a problem with an Omnisphere or Kontact track stack, which uses these other AUX channels to play back other separate midi channel/sounds within those plugins.  Omnisphere is multi-timbral up to 8 midi channels/parts, and now I can't record on midi channels 2-8. 

I also reinstalled Logic 10.7.8 and reset preferences and this didn't help.

• Like 2