Logic Pro 10.7.8 is out!

David Nahmani

7 minutes ago, Jack56 said:

I have the same issue using kontakt and Omnisphere experiencing and it seems more related to those specific plugins rather than Logic Pro itself. The problem only occurs with these 2 plugins and not with Logic Pro's built-in multi-out sampler, I suppose that there may be an incompatibility between the plugins and the version of Logic Pro (10.7.8).

I can reproduce this issue in 10.7.8 with any plug-in including Logic's own Sampler or Ultrabeat in multi-output mode.

• Like 3

After updating when I try to move regions with automation using the "move selected regions to playhead" shortcut, the automation doesnt move with the regions. but when I move them with the mouse the automation moves ok.... 

I don't like this kind of surprises...😓

reverting back...

2 hours ago, Angelpol said:

After updating when I try to move regions with automation using the "move selected regions to playhead" shortcut, the automation doesnt move with the regions. but when I move them with the mouse the automation moves ok.... 

I don't like this kind of surprises...😓

reverting back...

Yes unfortunately this has been reported here before. Make sure you let apple know: https://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro/

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, polanoid said:

I read that post, but that’s not a step by step recipe… would be much easier for others if it were

there are no other 'steps'. i imported tracks & content from one project into a new one, and that was the result. so what i wanted to know was, has anyone else imported tracks & content from one project into another, and seen this happen in the mixer?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fisherking said:

there are no other 'steps'. i imported tracks & content from one project into a new one, and that was the result. so what i wanted to know was, has anyone else imported tracks & content from one project into another, and seen this happen in the mixer?

OK. Well, no, I haven't seen this. Maybe others have.

32 minutes ago, polanoid said:

OK. Well, no, I haven't seen this. Maybe others have.

perhaps something in my template (altho this has only started in 10.7.8). will check with a virgin logic project later, see if this still happens. thanks!

EDIT: happens every time, even importing a different project into a virgin logic project; i added 5 instruments, named them, imported some vocals... and in the mixer (only), those instruments show the vocal track names. anyway, i reported this in detail to apple in feedback app (it is, perhaps, an issue with the current OS beta).

if anyone else experiences it, let us know! thx

Edited by fisherking
  • Like 1

Not sure if anyone has experienced this….

In 10.7.8 the click track cannot be sent to hardware outputs 9 and above. Even if I record the click to an audio track and try to send it out, I doesn’t work. The only way to get it to work is to send another track to the same output. Mute the other track and the click stops being sent out. Funny thing is, if I pull the other track fader all the way down, the click doesn’t send out but if I pull the fader up just a tiny bit, the click send out.

seems all other audio and midi instruments don’t have this issue

8 hours ago, CwC Studio said:

In 10.7.8 the click track cannot be sent to hardware outputs 9 and above. Even if I record the click to an audio track and try to send it out, I doesn’t work.

So you're saying that an Audio Track containing a recorded click can not be heard when sent to Outputs > 9 , but an Audio Track that contains something else can? That sounds more like an issue with your setup than a Logic bug.

That's exactly it ... and I'd love it to be my set up but I can't fathom what error I'd be making. If you have an idea, please let me know 🙂

I've attached 3 screen grabs - started from a blank default project.

One shows the click output set to channel 9 - audio Track 2 is input 9 ... you can see no audio is coming through

In the second screen grab, I simply routed a blank audio region from track one to output channel 9 (same as click) ... magically the click now comes into track 2 (input 9)

Third screen grab is click set to output 3 - coming back into track 2 (forgot to relabel the track from Ch9 Input ... it's actually input 4) - no audio required.

The same result happens if I record the click to an audio track and route the same way. No idea why.

Out Ch 9 - In Ch 9 click only.png

Out Ch 9 - In Ch 9 with audio.png

Out Ch3 - In Ch3.png

52 minutes ago, CwC Studio said:

The same result happens if I record the click to an audio track and route the same way.

So what if you put another audio region (containing something else than your recorded click) onto that track? Does that region play back then?

Also, did you check if the recorded click audio file actually contains any signal?

Edited by polanoid

54 minutes ago, CwC Studio said:

One shows the click output set to channel 9 - audio Track 2 is input 9 ... you can see no audio is coming through

Did you somehow externally wire Output 9 to Input 9? Or how is the signal from Output 9 supposed to make it to Input 9?

Edited by polanoid

Just now, CwC Studio said:

Yep the recorded click definitely is solid / just didn’t take the screen grab of that.

Interesting idea. I’ll try recording both the click and something else and see if that works

Or just put some apple loop onto the track, together with the click region.

Just now, CwC Studio said:

Very simple setup.

Channel 9 output on the interface -> patch cable to input 9 on the interface

Could be simpler (use a Bus in Logic's Mixer instead of an external cable between a physical output and a physical input). Does it make any difference if you use that approach?

I'm wondering if this might be a phase cancellation issue (that would mean that the phase is being inverted at one input or output)? Does the issue persist if you switch all input monitoring off? (Wild guess here)

Also, are you sure this only happens in 10.7.8 for you (otherwise this conversation should be moved to a separate thread)? Do you have a backup of 10.7.7 to check if it's different there? I still think this is not a Logic issue.

Edited by polanoid

15 hours ago, fisherking said:

happens every time, even importing a different project into a virgin logic project; i added 5 instruments, named them, imported some vocals... and in the mixer (only), those instruments show the vocal track names. anyway, i reported this in detail to apple in feedback app (it is, perhaps, an issue with the current OS beta).

1) By "I added 5 instruments" you mean that you created them in your song (not by track import)?

2) "imported some vocals" means using Track import to import some tracks containing vocals? Which check boxes did you check during Track import?

I tried creating 5 instrument tracks here, named them, then used track import to import 5 audio tracks (named exactly like the SI tracks in the destination project) with content from a different project, then renamed the original instrument tracks -> works just fine. 

Either I'm doing something differently because I don't fully understand what you're doing, or it is indeed an OS issue

Edited by polanoid

44 minutes ago, polanoid said:

I'm wondering if this might be a phase cancellation issue (that would mean that the phase is being inverted at one input or output)? Does the issue persist if you switch all input monitoring off? (Wild guess here)

Also, are you sure this only happens in 10.7.8 for you (otherwise this conversation should be moved to a separate thread)? Do you have a backup of 10.7.7 to check if it's different there? I still think this is not a Logic issue.

I've finally figured out what the cause is .... it's the length of the audio. It seems the click is too short to be sent out of the hardware. If I lengthen the click sample, the audio flows out as it should. So you're right, it should be a separate thread - apologies to the the 10.7.8 conversation.

My question now is what do I chase to solve that?

(also not sure how to move my posts)

• Wow! 1

26 minutes ago, CwC Studio said:

I've finally figured out what the cause is .... it's the length of the audio.

You mean the length of one click, not the length of the audio file/region, right? IN that case, check if there's some dynamic processor in your signal chain (maybe even inside your audio hardware), like a gate or compressor. @David Nahmani, is it possible to move a part of a thread to a separate thread at all?

Edited by polanoid

3 minutes ago, polanoid said:

You mean the length of one click, not the length of the audio file/region, right? IN that case, check if there's some dynamic processor in your signal chain (maybe even inside your audio hardware), like a gate or compressor. @David Nahmani, is it possible to move a part of a thread to a separate thread at all?

Yep that's correct. There's no processing so I'll hit up the vendor or the interface and see what they've got to say. Thanks so much for your help

• Like 1

1 hour ago, polanoid said:

1) By "I added 5 instruments" you mean that you created them in your song (not by track import)?

2) "imported some vocals" means using Track import to import some tracks containing vocals? Which check boxes did you check during Track import?

I tried creating 5 instrument tracks here, named them, then used track import to import 5 audio tracks (named exactly like the SI tracks in the destination project) with content from a different project, then renamed the original instrument tracks -> works just fine. 

Either I'm doing something differently because I don't fully understand what you're doing, or it is indeed an OS issue

1) yes, created tracks in the song before the import (so i'd have 5 tracks named after their sources, ie 'phase plant'); i did NOT name them as the vocal tracks i was about to import

2) imported content and plugins from a different project, ie 5 vocal tracks

when i look at the project in the main window, everything is named as it should be (the instruments retain the names i gave those channels).

when i open the mixer... the instrument channels are named as the vocal imports! and if i try to fix it, the name change is not retained.

anyway, again, reported in the feedback app. and, unless someone else sees this, probably an OS issue.

thanks for checking! 👍

2 hours ago, fdco said:

Logic 10.7.8 does not remember sends/bus settings anymore when saving an audio patch (Not a channel strip).

Saving and recalling an instrument patch is flawless.

I cannot replicate this here. Bus sends are imported just like they were exported