MIDI triggering regardless of selected channel

Alex Banks
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Hi,

Looking for some help please.

I have a problem with Logic playing an instrument  regardless of the selected channel.  I can choose an audio channel or another virtual instrument,  but I also hear one instrument alongside whatever I have selected. It seems to be the same instrument that plays alongside whichever instrument I have actually chosen and this has started happening since 10.7.7 update.  Its not limited to one project.

Am I missing a setting that 'hardwires' USB input to an instrument?  Or is it something else?

Thanks,

Alexander

4 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

Maybe it's R-enabled, only your R buttons are hidden. Press Option-T and select the Record Enable buttons. 

If the R buttons of Software Instrument tracks were shown in the mixer this would have been easier to spot. Hopefully Apple adds that once they really add the promised Input Monitoring for MIDI channels.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alex Banks said:

It seems that it was sticking rather that switching off when changing channels.

This happens when you manually click a R button to engage it, rather than simply select a software instrument track. 

4 minutes ago, Alex Banks said:

That was it!  Thank you so much!

Great! Good to hear. 🙂 

1 minute ago, David Nahmani said:

This happens when you manually click a R button to engage it, rather than simply select a software instrument track. 

I never do that.  I believe this was a problem that has occurred since the 10.7.7 update.  I have just downloaded 10.7.8

Awesome!