Beat Breaker and Sample Alchemy are awesome!

Oh ok! I thought I was missing one more toy! 😄 

I've used Remix FX on the Mac, and I love what I can do with Step Sequencer automation. 

For me I believe I may use the iPad for fun and experimentations, and to throw down ideas, to later fine tune on the Mac. For example hear something that you can kind of perform with the touch screen but need to refine some automation on the Mac to make it sounds exactly the way you want. 

• Like 3

My bad....it's early morning here, so not firing on all cylinders.

I'm with you on the lay down some quick ideas use, but I find automation input is awesome on the iPad.
Enable it and choose the paint tool....then draw.
Much quicker and more intuitive and immediate for non-linear automation.
Even on Logic Pro for Mac, I don't use the mouse for automation except the "bee's dick" stuff as I've used controllers for this since automation was first added - back in "the before time".👴

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oscwilde said:

I don't use the mouse for automation except the "bee's dick"

Wait, what now? I feel I've just glimpsed upon some secret production trick that's been eluding me all these years. But I'm too scared to google it... 😝

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Yeah Beat Breaker and pencil style automation are killer, but arranging my songs has been a pain. 😡 I'm also thinking I'm not crazy about Step sequencer on iPad. It's too difficult making complex drum arrangements, other than one 16 bar loop. I'm just glad there's MIDI FX in the iPad version. I was getting worried when it wasn't mentioned in the ads. 🫤

But I haven't added my iPad songs to Mac yet. I don't see how I'm gonna keep working on tracks that have missing plugins like Beat Breaker, or the third party plugs I bought on iPad that I never bought on Mac like the Moog stuff. I really don't wanna buy everything twice just for compatibility so I'm sticking with all stock stuff for now. EXCEPT BEAT BREAKER because it's too damn fun!! 😆

Edited by Totigerus

Yes it's handled really elegantly. I can play the Sample Alchemy instrument with my keyboard, or edit the MIDI data on the region. 

As for Beat Breaker, I can move it to another track and it will process that track (but with the same exact settings I had dialed in on the iPad). 

It feels like we're really not far from having those two plug-ins included in Logic Pro. 

• Like 3
  • Wow! 1

8 hours ago, analogika said:

FWIW, the Moog iOS plugins work fine on the Mac, as well. No additional purchase needed. 

I can confirm this. I was surprised that my iPad purchase from 2 years ago works in Mac Logic. Anyways, do you know of any other plugins from the app store that work on both iPad and Mac with only one purchase?

Edited by Totigerus

5 hours ago, Nola111 said:

When I saw Logic 10.7.8 released a couple days ago, I was like “Yes! Beat Breaker’s GOTTA be in there!” But alas, no such luck.  Here’s to hoping it’s coming very soon!

I wonder if someone can confirm how long it took Apple to transfer GarageBand's guitar strumming feature to Logic Remote, because to me, that would indicate SOME form of timeline here that we can expect for Logic to catch up to some of the new stuff featured in LogicPad.

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, StudioQ1 said:

Sample alchemy is the coolest thing in the world. fingers crossed we see it in mac logic soon as I'm not trying to incorporate an ipad into my workflow. this is the epitome of you cant run out of creative juice with this thing. 

Agreed! A Mac version of Sample Alchemy would be great, along with an interface for Logic Remote to take full advantage of the touch GUI. Crossing fingers!

🤞

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sample Alchemy clarifies how they've hacked original Alchemy into pieces. It's like Apple took many of the advanced source editing features in original Alchemy that were missing from the Alchemy they shipped with GB for iOS (which looks a heckuva lot like the one they've shipped with LogiPad), and bundled that up as its own plugin, with a nicer touch screen UI. Insert a Phat FX and/or a Step FX after it, a couple MIDI modulators and arpeggiators in front of it, and add that other Alchemy in parallel via a track stack (voila the missing VA engine), and you almost have a serviceable Alchemy!

• Like 1