Features question.

Mania

I'll preface this with not yet....it looks like the "bones" are there in some cases (Flex and Quick Swipe, for example), but not yet implemented...so a 1.1 release might see a few of these incorporated.
On the flipside, they may not be - as Apple may view the iPad app as a very different entity, and have no plans to implement any of the higher-end/more esoteric/hardcore features.
No-one knows at this stage.
So...if you want LP for iPad to be an equivalent/replacement for Logic MacOS - the answer is definitely no with version 1.0.

Flex time, yes.
Flex pitch, no.
Comping, no - but take folder recording/selection etc. is available.
Audio quantize - not sure what you mean here? You can quantize regions.
Multi-chann Q - are you talking about multi-channel recording? If so, I'm not sure how many "big" multi-channel audio interfaces are class-compliant with iOS.
Drum replacement - you "could", using a combo of quicksampler/DMD as one working method, but it'd be tedious. How are you doing this in Logic Mac?

• Like 1

Thanks for the answers. Seems like a very good start for Logic on iPad. The functions I am looking for and use daily or not there yet but Apple started some thing and I know they will finish it within a year or two I’m sure they will add functions. Currently it’s just a sketchpad for me, which is awesome but for my next hardware purchase I was thinking buying either a Mac or an iPad if Logic is equal on both hardware. The iPad Pro is just too expensive to have it just as a sketchpad. At least for me. Bright future though! I was asking for Logic Pro a couple years back. Exciting times. 

Another question: how is drummer? Is there a multi out ‘studio kit’ version on ipad? 

The Studio Kits (sample libraries) - available on the Mac - haven't been included on the iPad version, but you can certainly bus individual drums just like you would on the desktop app, so individual kit pieces can be independently processed/mixed.

Drummer works like it does on the Mac.

As a personal thing, given your apparent interest in percussion, I find Step Sequencer to be a much better tool to use on a touchscreen.
The experience is a lot like using a Push or pattern-style drum machine, without the click-y buttons.
I can create patterns way more quickly than I can by playing them with pads as I'm a pretty mediocre finger drummer 😂...and given the ability to insert multiple strikes simultaneously, it's much faster than using Step Sequencer on the desktop app with the mouse/trackpad.
It may not be your thing, but I find it a fun/useful creative tool on the iPad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oscwilde said:

The Studio Kits (sample libraries) - available on the Mac - haven't been included on the iPad version, but you can certainly bus individual drums just like you would on the desktop app, so individual kit pieces can be independently processed/mixed.

Drummer works like it does on the Mac.

As a personal thing, given your apparent interest in percussion, I find Step Sequencer to be a much better tool to use on a touchscreen.
The experience is a lot like using a Push or pattern-style drum machine, without the click-y buttons.
I can create patterns way more quickly than I can by playing them with pads as I'm a pretty mediocre finger drummer 😂...and given the ability to insert multiple strikes simultaneously, it's much faster than using Step Sequencer on the desktop app with the mouse/trackpad.
It may not be your thing, but I find it a fun/useful creative tool on the iPad.

Yes I use that feature too. It is awesome. My main genre is rock and alternative music so everything that’s connected to recording live audio and quantizing audio and things like that is what i need in Logic. Logic’s drummer is actually excellent you can have it follow another beat and it will have a live feeling and  you cannot achieve this easily by programming step sequencer. They’re two different animals for different purposes. Drummer’s magic is in all the small imperfections which can not be easily achieved and programmed in the step sequencer. Logic for iPad has to wait for me a little longer. But it’s ok. Very good start and direction. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Mania said:

small imperfections

If you have an iPad, try the free demo for the month and have a play with Beat Breaker.
It's lots of fun.
Same vibe with Step FX....which I think also benefits from touch - particularly when automated.
Both are great for injecting small....and big....imperfections.
Alchemy (on desktop) - particularly the granular engine - can also do some interesting stuff, and flex of course.
Quick Alchemy also brings a different flavour of the full Alchemy engine, albeit with a single sample.....but using it with loops and noodling with your fingertips is a blast.