Jump to content

”Pitch Correction”-plugin doesn’t remember range settings in 10.7.8


Assessor
Go to solution Solved by Assessor,

Recommended Posts

 

Try this:

Open ”Pitch Correction”-plugin.

Change the ”Range” from ”Normal” to ”Low”.

Close and reopen the plugin.

The ”Range” have now reverted back to ”Normal”.

 

If I uncheck ”Neural Pitch Detection” the plugin begins to behave as expected.

If I recheck ”Neural Pitch Detection” the plugin continues to behave as expected.

 

Anyone else?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, David Nahmani said:

But Neural Pitch Detection "intelligently sets the range" so my guess is that it doesn't require you to manually set the range. 

 But as soon as Neural Pitch Detection is on it does remember the range state (and from then on, even when you switch it off again)... that can't be intended can it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, polanoid said:

But as soon as Neural Pitch Detection is on it does remember the range state (and from then on, even when you switch it off again)... that can't be intended can it?

The behavior I'm seeing here is that it remembers the range only if you switch it while Neural Pitch Detection is off. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

The behavior I'm seeing here is that it remembers the range only if you switch it while Neural Pitch Detection is off. 

Ah, you're right, I was misled by @Assessor's, erm, assessment that "If I recheck ”Neural Pitch Detection” the plugin continues to behave as expected" which is not true then (if "as expected" means "remembers the state of the range switch"). The switch should be greyed out though if it doesn't have any effect.

Edited by polanoid
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still feels very weird though because, as soon as you check Neural Pitch Detection, the switch always falls back to the state you chose when Neural Pitch Detection was off when you close and reopen the GUI. So deactivating the switch when Neural Pitch Detection is on would indeed be the correct way to fix this I guess.

Edited by polanoid
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, polanoid said:

Seeing this here as well. I suggest reporting this to Apple via their feedback page. https://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro/

Sent!

16 minutes ago, polanoid said:

I was misled by @Assessor's, erm, assessment that "If I recheck ”Neural Pitch Detection” the plugin continues to behave as expected" which is not true then (if "as expected" means "remembers the state of the range switch"). 

Well, that is how it behaves on my computer. You have a different computer so maybe the problem turns up differently?

10 minutes ago, polanoid said:

That's even better 🙂

Agree!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Assessor said:

Well, that is how it behaves on my computer. You have a different computer so maybe the problem turns up differently?

What @polanoid means is that if you re-check Neural Pitch Detection, and now switch the range from Low to High or the other way around, then close and reopen the plug-in, that last switch will not be recalled. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Oh, I see!

So any changes that are made when Neural Pitch Detection is activated won’t stick. And changes made when Neural Pitch Detection is unchecked is preserved.

So I spotted the bug but missed some nuances… That's not the first time 😄

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...