Logic keeps changing midi input sources

tomatohorse

I only use my Oxygen pro midi controller to control my soft synths in Logic. However, Logic will often change the input source to something else. Like here, despite my creating this midi control via my Oxygen pro a couple days ago, it's now only listening for it from my audio interface (the UMC thing). My Oxygen pro does nothing now (in terms of CC control, of course, plain old notes work fine). Because it actually is doing this for ALL these midi assignments. 😞 

1529177914_ScreenshotatDec2615-09-29.thumb.png.2718c0e72e976a92bb603de451c44d56.png

What I would like to be able to do is highlight ALL my midi control assignments and change the input for all of them. Like this:

image.thumb.png.c9536365b03c535481af88c693643ccc.png

But unfortunately it only changes one at a time.

My questions are:

1) Is there any way to quickly switch all of their inputs at once back to the correct input?

2) Is there any way to "lock" the input so that Logic knows to not change input sources?

• 4 months later...

Logic changes the midi input source for all my controller assignments. No matter how carefully I set them up initially, deleting everything and starting over, using zones, etc.... they eventually become unusable due to this. Then I have to either manually switch the input for every single one (a huge pain), or just start all over again (also a pain). For instance, here the input originally was "Oxygen Pro 61 USB MIDI" -- and still should be. But it's not.

image.thumb.png.76339aac58c5e2a965211164189e184c.png

Does anyone know why Logic does this? And, more importantly, how I can prevent this frustrating behavior?

Edited by tomatohorse

@Jordi Torres That's fine. I had made a new post because I realized that previously my question had been more about a workaround solution than fixing the underlying problem. I'm glad you made the subject of this thread be the most recent one, which relates to the actual problem.

@enossified I'm not using the UMC as an input. It's my audio interface, and has a midi port or it that I only use for sending midi out, but not in.  In fact, I removed it as an input source so that it no longer appears in my dropdown (you'll notice it's absent in the most recent screenshot - the first couple screenshots were from an older thread that is merged into this one). It does not appear in my control surfaces preferences currently.

Edited by tomatohorse
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, tomatohorse said:

I do it both ways - sometimes I'll turn on the system, start Logic, and later (when I need a virtual instrument) realize my midi controller is off, and turn it on.

Other times, I'll have the midi controller on before opening Logic.

Why?

Normally Logic would detect the arrival of a newly connected MIDI device (a system alert would pop up), but not always…

• 3 weeks later...

HI what is the current situation today? I see there is a thread about the new version of logic, an update or some workaround would help me? I keep randomly losing whatever map setting in the controller assignements and is not a pleasant experience, almost a deal breaker if I would not be so in love with the logic synths 💌

Edited by ivanologico

• 3 weeks later...

Update: I tried disabling all of my midi keyboard's usb input sources to logic (it's still connected via usb for power, but no midi messages are listened to). Then I connected the keyboard via old-school Midi DIN to my interface. Then I redid all my CC bindings in all my instruments to listen to the audio interface as the midi source.

So far Logic has remembered my settings. So that's good news, tentatively. Fingers crossed.

Edited by tomatohorse
  • Like 2