LPX 7.8 and Ventura

fr3Q

Just a quickie...I'm on Monterey (M1 machine) still using LPX 7.7, more or less stable, and plugs behaving nicely.  Since I'm planning to update to 7.8 this weekend, is there any compelling reason to also update to Ventura because of 7.8, or better to stick with Monterey and update to 7.8?  Thanks for any advice!

if you're going to update your OS.. you want to check with the developer sites of all your 3rd-party plugins... to make sure everything's compatible. for 10.7.8, you don't need to update the OS unless you want to.

one great thing about logic and (official!) OS updates; it's all apple, so the app & OS should always work well together.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fisherking said:

if you're going to update your OS.. you want to check with the developer sites of all your 3rd-party plugins... to make sure everything's compatible. for 10.7.8, you don't need to update the OS unless you want to.

one great thing about logic and (official!) OS updates; it's all apple, so the app & OS should always work well together.

So that makes me lean toward updating them separately, as I can run LPX 7.8 on Monterey, iirc.  I'll save researching plugin compatibility for another day...

...and thanks for the response, fisherking!

Edited by fr3Q
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 14 M1Pro with 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD that I got in September 2022.   It shipped with Monterey.   I upgraded to Ventura when it came out and purchased Logic Pro.  I used Ventura with Logic Pro for 6 months and experience all sorts of weird issues.   I had cpu spikes and clicks on native plugins.  I tried 2 audio interfaces (Steinberg UR12 and SSL 2).  When I did a clean install of Monterey and added back Logic Pro and my native M1 plugins, I no longer experienced problems.    I know in 4 months Sonoma will be out and I have considered upgrading to Ventura.   If I do go to Ventura my plan would be to do a clean install of Ventura and add Logic Pro and native M1 plugins like how I did when I clean installed Monterey.     I am wondering about everyone's Ventura experience with Logic Pro as well.