No sound from MIDI

Fcab1492
Go to solution Solved by polanoid,

My MIDI tracks are working for all of my songs except for one. I don’t know what I did but for one song my MIDI isn’t showing up either visually or with audio. I recorded a couple tracks with the MIDI previously on this song but I don’t know what I did to silence it.

You can hear both of those tracks and at one point the MIDI was working to record them. But now I cannot hear or record any midi on those same two tracks or even when I open a new midi track. I’ve checked several times to make sure the midi is working/recording on other songs/projects and it’s working as normal on the other one’s. After I had recorded the Tuareg bass and grimey funk, I recorded a bunch of guitar tracks and when I came back to record some more midi it wasn’t working.

There are a couple environment windows open in the project, and it looks like you may have deleted the 'sequencer input' object. I made an attempt to 'repair' the environment, but was unsuccessful.

There are people here who know their way around the environment very well and could probably make the repair successfully. Meanwhile though, an alternate solution might be to create a new project and import all the relevant content from your current project into the new project. (Or, maybe someone will download your project and help you fix the environment issue.)

12 minutes ago, scg said:

There are a couple environment windows open in the project, and it looks like you may have deleted the 'sequencer input' object. I made an attempt to 'repair' the environment, but was unsuccessful.

There are people here who know their way around the environment very well and could probably make the repair successfully. Meanwhile though, an alternate solution might be to create a new project and import all the relevant content from your current project into the new project. (Or, maybe someone will download your project and help you fix the environment issue.)

The Sequencer Input object somehow made it into the Mixer layer. It even still seems to be connected (across Layers), so I'm currently trying to find out why it doesn't work anymore.

EDIT: Even moving the Sequencer Input back to the Clicks & Ports Layer doesn't bring the MIDI back. Maybe the project is corrupted beyond repair (and you need to import its tracks to a new project). Also deleting the Sequencer Input object and creating & cabling a new one does not bring MIDI input back

Edited by polanoid
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, polanoid said:

The Sequencer Input object somehow made it into the Mixer layer. It even still seems to be connected (across Layers), so I'm currently trying to find out why it doesn't work anymore.

EDIT: Even moving the Sequencer Input back to the Clicks & Ports Layer doesn't bring the MIDI back. Maybe the project is corrupted beyond repair (and you need to import its tracks to a new project). Also deleting the Sequencer Input object and creating & cabling a new one does not bring MIDI input back

My findings were similar. Nothing I tried got it working again 🙁

• Solution
4 minutes ago, JakobP said:

Yeah, a bit weird... 🙃

Just checked, here it works until 10.7.3. Does not work in 10.7.5 or later. I forgot to backup 10.7.4 so I can't check that version. @Fcab1492, I guess you should report that via Apple's feedback page, attaching the project, this looks like a bug.

Edited by polanoid