Playhead not moving but track is moving behind it

edurbrow
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

This is so frustrating. I must have fits something because now the background scrolls and the play had stay still. Very disconcerting to watch. I can't think of the right words to find the results searching in Google. Everything comes up catch or scrolling play head, but I can't find the answer.

It is probably right in front of my eyes, but I don't see it. In fact that was one of the things I saw in my Google search, but couldn't find it. I'm using version. 10.2.2.
However, as usual David was right on and I must have hit control back accent.

Actually, having it on was kind of convenient when editing flex markers because I didn't have to keep scrolling to get to the next flex marker, I could just let it play.

What do you all use this scroll in play for?

Thank you Des99 and David.

image.thumb.png.4b015efeadc21f117324e83accd7eac7.png 

1 minute ago, edurbrow said:

It is probably right in front of my eyes, but I don't see it.

You're in the wrong View menu - see my post again, where I specifically say where this is, and even show it in the post.

1 minute ago, edurbrow said:

What do you all use this scroll in play for?

Personally I don't, I don't like it. It's just a display preference, that you can use if you like it.

The way to think of it is the global menus at the top are options related to the whole of Logic - so all the View-related functions applicable globally, that aren't tied to a particular type of window.

The each window type may have it's own local View menu, which contains View-related functions *specific to that window*. For example, you may have in there a local view option to toggle between the score view and page view in the score editor, but that option would not make sense in any other window, and nor would it make sense to stuff the global view menu with every possible option any window could have all in one place, as the menu would get awkward to use.

So it's a way of "chunking" relavent information, and most windows work like this - the local menus are things specific to that type of window, whereas the top level menus are things applicable to Logic as a whole, and not so much related to the current window.

1 hour ago, des99 said:

The way to think of it is the global menus at the top are options related to the whole of Logic - so all the View-related functions applicable globally, that aren't tied to a particular type of window.

Yes, that is a good way to look at it. It is that kind of tip that helps out a lot.

• Like 1