Running Melodyne 5.2 with ARA...waste of time?

enossified

I've been using Melodyne Studio as a standalone app for years now and the version I have is way out of date. I got my usual annual discounted upgrade notice and am thinking of ponying up the $149. 

When I checked Melodyne's DAW compatibilty support page, I read this:

We have tested the latest versions of Melodyne 5 with the following configurations:

Logic Pro 10.7.6 (ARA) under:

macOS 12.6.2 (Intel)

macOS 12.6.2 (Apple Silicon under Rosetta)

ARA in Logic on Apple Silicon: Melodyne 5.2 runs native on Macs with Apple Silicon processors. In the case of ARA operation in Logic Pro, however, there’s a special point to bear in mind:

When Apple Logic Pro is run natively on Apple Silicon, it runs Audio Unit plug-ins outside Logic’s own process space. This is actually an important advantage for users, as it prevents Logic from quitting whenever a plug-in crashes. Unfortunately, although this method of hosting AU plug-ins enhances stability, it does not yet fully support third-party extensions like ARA.

If you want to enjoy the advantages of ARA despite this, you can open Logic under the Rosetta emulation layer (using the Finder, locate Logic in your Applications folder and right-click on it, choose “Get Info” and check the option “Open using Rosetta”). This will allow plug-ins to run directly within Logic, as they did formerly on Intel Macs, making it possible once again for you to work with ARA.

We are working closely with Apple on this issue and will let you know immediately as soon as there is any news.

Please also take note of the information and tips on the operation of Melodyne in Logic Pro in the Help Center and in the FAQ.

I've seen lots of posts here about Melodyne ARA issues of all kinds. My projects are small, I don't think I've ever gone over 20 tracks. Is operating in Rosetta stable or should I just keep using it standalone?