Chord Track

hiland

I am a long time user of Logic and I know that it was a chord track a long time ago but that chord track don’t had much similarity with Cubase and Studio one chord track today. I think we should do an opinion for a chord track in Logic. There are many App out now that have chord as main work tool, like Synfire, Scaler, InstaChord, Ez key etc. You can easy drag midi file into Logic but with no Chord names but after that in Cubase you can easy copy and generate more track with the same chord. You can also make a little riff and or melody in one bar, copy to four or how many different cord you have and choose make cord. Once you have transpose all riff the to respective chords.  Easy and quick workflow!

A chord track...and something more impressive then chord tracks of years past...would be a nice new feature for LogicPro.  Maybe they'll get there..never know.   Otherwise, there are a lot of third party products like Scaler and others that can do this functionality...perhaps better then Cubase does now...  The only thing is they are not really integrated with the reset of the DAW.

I use Cubase in addition to Logic. More often than not I now start projects in Cubase just to take advantage of the many functions of the Chord track. Being a kbd player I really don't need or want the 1 finger chord type things. But the ability to have midi and audio follow changes in the chord track enables me to change chord progressions in seconds and hear the results - can't overemphasize what a fantastic feature this is. Imagine 3 or 4 vocal harmonies changing in addition to all of the other tracks with just the click of a key. 

• Like 1

On 6/3/2023 at 7:26 AM, hiland said:

Hi, Is it anybody with me how miss ChordTrack in Logic. Cubase and Studio One have it and perhaps more other DAW have it. Is it coming to with Logic update to 11?

If you want to interpret chords from notes pressed on a keyboard - best thing is google Midiculous - they have a great free virtual  keyboard which will interpret as a chord most sets of notes that are not just a crazy bunch of random notes