Need to know what instrument they're using.

SarahHarris

Cuatro Don Pablo 10 strings?

I know it's weird, a cuatro is a little quitar from central/south America,  cuatro means 4, for 4 strings usualy, but this one have ten. Because it's a cuatro from Porto Rico with 5 double strings

Edited by FLH3
  • Like 1

Actualy my mistake was caused by my poor English and my lack of attention, in my native language, French, the name of this territory is actualy "Porto Rico" and not "Puerto Rico" as in Spanish or English.

Like  "Mockba" is "Moscou" and not "Moscow" 😄

Don't ask me why we've chosen the Portugese way to name it and why we don't call it "Port Riche" and why the English speaking people don't call it "Rich Harhour". 🤔

Sorry if I've armed the inhabitants of this teritory.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FLH3 said:

in my native language, French, the name of this territory is actualy "Porto Rico" and not "Puerto Rico" as in Spanish or English.

Oh, thanks for clarifying that. I had no clue that was the case, so it's good to know (especially since I use French almost daily). 🙂

J.

• Like 1

Don't worry, if, by chance, you have to talk about Puerto Rico in your next conversation with French people, they will understand.

Well, OK, maybe they will think you're a little showing off because you've spent your last holidays there. 😆

BTW, concerning the real subject of this topic,  was I right?  Is it a 10 strings Puertanricanianish 😊cuatro?

• Like 1

Hey FLH3,

31 minutes ago, FLH3 said:

Don't worry, if, by chance, you have to talk about Puerto Rico in your next conversation with French people, they will understand.

Well, OK, maybe they will think you're a little showing off because you've spent your last holidays there. 😆

Or because I was born in the half-island "next door" (DR). 😉

31 minutes ago, FLH3 said:

BTW, concerning the real subject of this topic,  was I right?  Is it a 10 strings Puertanricanianish 😊cuatro?

It does look/sound like one, yes:

Puerto Rican cuatro - Wikipedia

But the music being played with it in the OP is not what you would usually expect to hear. Here's a more traditional context:

J.

Edited by Jordi Torres
  • Like 1