Jump to content

Need to know what instrument they're using.


SarahHarris

Recommended Posts

 

Cuatro Don Pablo 10 strings?

I know it's weird, a cuatro is a little quitar from central/south America,  cuatro means 4, for 4 strings usualy, but this one have ten. Because it's a cuatro from Porto Rico with 5 double strings

 

Edited by FLH3
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Actualy my mistake was caused by my poor English and my lack of attention, in my native language, French, the name of this territory is actualy "Porto Rico" and not "Puerto Rico" as in Spanish or English.

 

 Like  "Mockba" is "Moscou" and not "Moscow" 😄

 

Don't ask me why we've chosen the Portugese way to name it and why we don't call it "Port Riche" and why the English speaking people don't call it "Rich Harhour". 🤔

Sorry if I've armed the inhabitants of this teritory.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, FLH3 said:

in my native language, French, the name of this territory is actualy "Porto Rico" and not "Puerto Rico" as in Spanish or English.

Oh, thanks for clarifying that. I had no clue that was the case, so it's good to know (especially since I use French almost daily). 🙂

J.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't worry, if, by chance, you have to talk about Puerto Rico in your next conversation with French people, they will understand.

Well, OK, maybe they will think you're a little showing off because you've spent your last holidays there. 😆

BTW, concerning the real subject of this topic,  was I right?  Is it a 10 strings Puertanricanianish 😊cuatro?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

Hey FLH3,

 

31 minutes ago, FLH3 said:

 

Don't worry, if, by chance, you have to talk about Puerto Rico in your next conversation with French people, they will understand.

Well, OK, maybe they will think you're a little showing off because you've spent your last holidays there. 😆

 

 

Or because I was born in the half-island "next door" (DR). 😉

 

31 minutes ago, FLH3 said:

BTW, concerning the real subject of this topic,  was I right?  Is it a 10 strings Puertanricanianish 😊cuatro?

 

It does look/sound like one, yes:

Puerto Rican cuatro - Wikipedia

But the music being played with it in the OP is not what you would usually expect to hear. Here's a more traditional context:

J.

 

 

Edited by Jordi Torres
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...