volume or file is locked

Hippocrene

Hi, when trying to edit a file in the wave editor, I get the message 'the audio file cannot be changed-volume or file is locked' these files were created in the project that I am editing them on and it seems they become locked at random times and 'sharing and permissions' is set to 'read and write' Even a file that has just been bounced in the project can become locked randomly. This has been slowing me down for 6 years and I'd love to get it resolved.

Thank you

Just another thought. Are you using flex pitch?

User manual:

"When you turn on Flex Pitch, the destructive editing features in the Audio File Editor are
deactivated. If you plan on using Flex Pitch and making destructive edits to an audio file,
you’ll either need to make the edits before activating Flex Pitch, or bounce the region in
place after using Flex Pitch but before making edits to the audio file. For more information
about audio file editing, see Overview of the Logic Pro Audio File Editor."

• Like 1

1. All of the audio files are AIIF and are located in the audio Files folder inside the project folder which is on the Mac hard drive.

2. Flex Pitch is always done seperate to any other editing and I always bounce the flexed file afterward. 

3. I am not using Time Machine but since updating the OS to 13.4 there are now cloud signs next to some files and folders and I'm guessing that might have something to do with it, but I dot know.

4. I have now given Logic Pro Full Disk Access and have yet to see weather this makes any difference.

Thank you 

44 minutes ago, Hippocrene said:

1. All of the audio files are AIIF and are located in the audio Files folder inside the project folder which is on the Mac hard drive.

2. Flex Pitch is always done seperate to any other editing and I always bounce the flexed file afterward. 

3. I am not using Time Machine but since updating the OS to 13.4 there are now cloud signs next to some files and folders and I'm guessing that might have something to do with it, but I dot know.

4. I have now given Logic Pro Full Disk Access and have yet to see weather this makes any difference.

Thank you 

Thanks for the feedback, please let us know whether the problem is eventually solved.

J.

Hey Hippocrene,

3 hours ago, Hippocrene said:

Since you initially mentioned this has been happening for 6 years probably not related to updating to macOS 13.4.

Since it's been going on for so long, I assume you're getting this behavior in any project you start from scratch, correct?

With the above in mind, it's probably a good idea to try and see whether the issue persists from a new macOS user account.

In parallel, I would also be curious to see how the ownership and permissions of one of your projects' Audio Files folder look like, and the same for the audio files contained within. This from your current macOS user account. 

J.

Yes that's correct. I guess I had a good run for a year and it just started happening again after I updated but maybe coincidence. All of the projects and files and folders within have 'read and write' privileges for myself and I am definitely signed in to my account.