sonoma, sorta...

fisherking

ok, NOT YET! am going to wait for the public beta to drop before trying this on my work mac (M2 pro mini, where i run logic & FCP). but i just installed the first developer beta on my (non-logic) M2 air, and so far... pretty good.

only day 1, but most things work fine, and i swear... everything's a little snappier©. that feels good.

i don't care about most of the new gimmicks features, i just want stability, speed, efficiency. final draft does not work (seriously wacky behavior), but i don't use it often. everything else (including rapidweaver and affinity photo, two 3rd-party apps i do use a lot) is working fine so far.

will see how things go over the month, and in july, will dive in (like diving head-first into a pool with no water) on my 'pro' mac. so please save insults, laughter, and eye-rolling for july 👍

30 minutes ago, fisherking said:

i just want stability

...I would normally add an eye-roll here, but it's not July yet. I'll check back... 😉

Hopefully they have done anything major architecturally that would affect our typical use cases. At this point, I'm thinking I'm more likely to skip Ventura entirely, and go from Monty to Somma when it looks good...

46 minutes ago, des99 said:

...I would normally add an eye-roll here, but it's not July yet. I'll check back... 😉

Hopefully they have done anything major architecturally that would affect our typical use cases. At this point, I'm thinking I'm more likely to skip Ventura entirely, and go from Monty to Somma when it looks good...

yep, july. but my guess too; fine-tuning under the hood, and no profound changes

• Like 1