Since When: New Drummer Producer Kits?

Ed Staunton
Go to solution Solved by Atlas007,

Am I right in thinking Logic's Drummer has added some new producer kits? I can't find any reference to them anywhere online. Please tell me they're so brand-spanking-new and it's not me being dumb and not noticing? I'm running Logic 10.6.3 still, without the 10.7.8 upgrade.

NEW ONES:

• 8 Bit+
  • Demolition+
  • Dirty Jungle+
  • Fake Machine+
  • French Connection+
  • HiFi Pop+
  • NY Garage+
  • Sixties Soul+
  • Studio R&B+
  • Unmixed+
  • Vintage Breaks+

Thanks,

Ed

Screenshot 2023-06-11 at 14.20.25.png

I'm not sure exactly when these drum kits were added but it's possible that they were added recently and you can still see them when running an earlier version if you've downloaded additional content since. The Logic 10.7.8 release note does mention a new "8-Bit Legend" sound pack: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/logicpro/lgcp6757bbd9/mac

13 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

it's possible that they were added recently and you can still see them when running an earlier version if you've downloaded additional content since.

I don't think so as those kits/patches are actually inside older Logic application packages in the Applications folder:

Screenshot2023-06-11at18_04_24.thumb.png.0aea7064b6cddc25f02b79565fe4ec9d.pngJ.

• Solution

I wonder if the available for download packages showing up in the Logic Sound Library Manager are updated according to what’s timely available on the Apple servers?

If that’s the case, it would be possible then that those new producer kits had not been showing up before recently, and now they (also) show up in (some compatible) older/previous Logic versions today…